Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I have 2006 Nissan Titan big tow 4x4 king cab and it idles at 1250 rpm's even during the summer months. Does everyone else T idle so high? I don't remember my 2007 T idling so high. I just did the idle rpm relearn and will see what it does when it cold on first start up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you ever resolve the high idle issue? I cleaned my throttle body and MAF only to make it worse (900 rpms went up to 1100 rpms). I replaced my throttle body and MAF and now back down to 900. I did the throttle relearn upon the installation, 3 times now and 800 rpms is the best I can get. My 2004 Titan has over 220K miles and was running like a champ until now. Any bit of info from your experience would help me. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just wanted to update, just in case anyone reads this post. After a month, I finally figured mine out. My sending unit on my power steering pump is either bad or my power steering is going out. I bought a cheep sending unit on Amazon to test my theory, plugged in the new unit (but did not install in pressure line). Idle immediately went down to around 650 in gear. Drove it for a while, then reprogrammed throttle position and it dropped down to about 550 in gear and 750 in neutral. It's been a while since it's been back to near original levels. With the new throttle body and MAF I hope I get my gas mileage back (horrible as it was before, still better than the past month). It doesn't seem that I need the sensor for keeping idle up during tight parking maneuvers, so for now I'll just keep driving it and see what happens. No low pressure code as of yet (fingers crossed).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just wanted to update, just in case anyone reads this post. After a month, I finally figured mine out. My sending unit on my power steering pump is either bad or my power steering is going out. I bought a cheep sending unit on Amazon to test my theory, plugged in the new unit (but did not install in pressure line). Idle immediately went down to around 650 in gear. Drove it for a while, then reprogrammed throttle position and it dropped down to about 550 in gear and 750 in neutral. It's been a while since it's been back to near original levels. With the new throttle body and MAF I hope I get my gas mileage back (horrible as it was before, still better than the past month). It doesn't seem that I need the sensor for keeping idle up during tight parking maneuvers, so for now I'll just keep driving it and see what happens. No low pressure code as of yet (fingers crossed).
Thanks for posting it, I'm experiencing similar problem of high idle can't figure out the cause. The dealership says it's throttle body but I have doubts. I'll try this but it looks like it may be one sided. If the steering pump would be going out it probably would produce low pressure sending ECU signal to increase rpm and pressure, but it did the opposite, since you're plugged it to atmospheric pressure and the rpm went down. I think in your case it was the sending unit that was bad. I don't know if this is correct logic but I'll try this, I don't have a multimeter to measure resistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts