Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
161,879 Posts
baseballfanz said:
My lows stay on with the highs, my fogs stay on too cause it's been rewire to come on with parking lights.:D
Next time you're up Austin way, care to stop by and hook me up on that mod? I'm way to chicken (and far too bad at soldering) to do that one.

And for the record, highs and lows at the same time with the autolight feature on my truck. Fogs go off.

·
Registered
805 Posts
baseballfanz said:
My lows stay on with the highs, my fogs stay on too cause it's been rewire to come on with parking lights.:D
hehehe..... i dunno bout the hi-lows, but im like BBF, fogs stay ON w the running lights.... :)

·
Registered
690 Posts
Find out what your local laws are. Some states it is illegal to use fog lights unless being used in inclement weather rain/snow/fog at night.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
hmm ill have to check this out later on to see if mine stay on. They should go off. Are you all sure that both are on when the high beams are on? You could be seeing the reflection from the highs in the deflector and that could make it seem that they are on. One way to tell is to pull back on your high beam switch and if the lights get brighter during the switch then darken a bit then they are not staying on but wierd. Every car Ive owned highs on lows off...hmmm.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Z-Hauler said:
Find out what your local laws are. Some states it is illegal to use fog lights unless being used in inclement weather rain/snow/fog at night.
I've heard that many many times only to find out it's one of those common myths or urban legends. There's no state in the country that has laws disallowing fogs on with low beams only or only being used in inclement weather. Only laws for OFF-ROAD lighting which doesn't include fogs of 55W or less, below a specific mounting height. If that were the case, many Pontiacs or Dodges couldn't be sold in those states.

·
Registered
690 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
I've heard that many many times only to find out it's one of those common myths or urban legends. There's no state in the country that has laws disallowing fogs on with low beams only or only being used in inclement weather. Only laws for OFF-ROAD lighting which doesn't include fogs of 55W or less, below a specific mounting height. If that were the case, many Pontiacs or Dodges couldn't be sold in those states.
State of Maine - $85 fine. I got nabbed twice

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Z-Hauler said:
State of Maine - $85 fine. I got nabbed twice
Show me the law. There's no laws as such. Now you may have gotten nabbed for swapping to an illegal, high output bulb or HID setup, but not for having your stock fogs on with your high beams or without the headlights on. Would make absolutely no sense. If the fogs can be on with the low beams, what are they hurting by having them on with your highs or by themselves. You're leaving something out of the story. I found this:

§1909-A. Fog lights

1. Fog lights. A motor vehicle may be equipped with 2 fog lights upon the front of the motor vehicle that emit amber or white light as long as the rays from the lights do not shine more than 2 feet above the road at a distance of 30 feet. A fog light mounted higher than the center of the main headlights may not be illuminated while a motor vehicle is being operated on a public way.

http://janus.state.me.us/legis/ros/lom/LOM121st/7Pub301-350/Pub301-350-39.htm

21 - 28 of 28 Posts