Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got rid of my Tacoma with almost 150,000 miles. That truck was bullet proof, never needed anything besides tires, brakes, fluid changes, and maybe a belt. Purchased an '07 Titan in early August.

How many of ya'lls Titans have 75,000+ miles? I'm very much interested in what high mileage issues you've had if any? (not talking about the brakes and rear end issues here, I'm specifically looking for longevity-type issues)

I'm hoping the Titan will have some of that legendary longevity of the early Maximas and Pathfinders.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm a little over 70k, and nothing wrong with mine. The only time I had to take it to a mechanic was for the usual warranty stuff on all the 04's.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I am at 76,XXX and I am still running strong. My radiator was changed out 40K+ ago because of the dealer. I also had my eviroment control unit(fan/ac/vent) replaced around 38K. Even though she looks like a queen she is driven like a dirty whore. I just remembered I had the passenger side exhaust manifold replaced.

·
Registered
251 Posts
102,000 here. I had the original brake fix for the '04 problem. Both exhaust manifolds replaced at 96k other than that, running strong. I drive 3,500 miles a month mostly at 26,000 RPM in top gear with the cruise on, so easy mileage. I hope to get at least 250k out of her.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Galaxyblack said:
102,000 here. I had the original brake fix for the '04 problem. Both exhaust manifolds replaced at 96k other than that, running strong. I drive 3,500 miles a month mostly at 26,000 RPM in top gear with the cruise on, so easy mileage. I hope to get at least 250k out of her.
I glad to hear yours is doing great because I drive the same monthly mileage back and forth to work. I am scared to add in the around town miles and road trips.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How much did it cost to get the exhaust manifolds replaced, about $200 each?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Titanic9 said:
How much did it cost to get the exhaust manifolds replaced, about $200 each?
Believe it or not, Nissan covered it under a good will policy. I did not have the extended warranty or anything.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Galaxyblack said:
26,000 rpm and you still get good mileage. seems a little fishy to me.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
38 Posts
txkneeboarder said:
26,000 rpm and you still get good mileage. seems a little fishy to me.:rolleyes:
His engine is obviously modified. By my calculations, at 26,000 RPM in top gear he would be traveling at a little over 1,000 MPH. He musta been going so fast he became airborne and went into a low orbit. At that time, he could shut off the engine and coast all the way to his destination.

I believe that would be far more efficient than driving through traffic.

:flying:

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
Mine has a few miles and i would do it again in a heartbeat and feel very comfortable.......
I can see getting 100,000+ miles with no problem......

·
Registered
53 Posts
one too many.....zeros.... there eh!
Why did these exhaust manifolds need replacing ?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have almost 37k on my 2005 and had the dealer replace the steering wheel, radio and cruise switches because they were scratched and worn, also the rearview mirror was replaced free of charge because it would not tighten up.
I have noticed a sloppy feeling in the drivetrain when just about at a dead stop on deceleration and then again on take off, my dealer says they couldnt duplicate and its not there. Probably has something to do with the right side axle housing is oiled down from the wheel almost to the pumpkin.
Hell of a truck though !

·
Registered
38 Posts
tmz173 said:
I have noticed a sloppy feeling in the drivetrain when just about at a dead stop on deceleration and then again on take off, my dealer says they couldnt duplicate and its not there. Probably has something to do with the right side axle housing is oiled down from the wheel almost to the pumpkin.
Hell of a truck though !
Your axle seal needs replacing. Have it done under warranty

·
Registered
53 Posts
seal will take care of the leak, and the slop will probably remain.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2005 LE Crew 4wd Big Tow
purchased 11-04

99,100 miles

-brake TSB @ 45k
-rear axles seals @ 55k
-transfer case seal @ 85k
-battery 97k

Great truck, can't wait for titan diesel. Planning to trade in on 3/4 diesel this week.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Galaxyblack said:
sweet someone finally made a chip to raise the rev limiter, where can i get one?? wasent expecting 26K but it'll do:jester:

lol sorry i had to

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
I have 80,000 miles on my 04, and have had a lot of problems every since the truck was 2 weeks old with 800 miles. They were all caused by a cel phone.
Yea, this lady in a Ford Exploer was talking on her cel phone and plowed in to me at 45 mph while I was stoped at a red light. She didn't see me or the other 4 vehicles that were stoped.
At 40,000 the radiator leak coolant into the trans, at 60,600 miles the trans went out. Nissan replaced the trans, now it runs great.

·
Registered
41,353 Posts
my 04' has 65K on it. No problems. Had the brake TSB done at 20K. Brakes still look good.

No complaints.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Galaxyblack said:

26,000 RPMs, that Titan must beak the sound barrier!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Galaxyblack said:
Ok guys, cease with the flaming already.... Geeze I made a small mistake! It isn't the first time I have seen a typo or misspelling on this forum.

Sides, I ain't got no Kollege edkation

1 - 20 of 35 Posts