Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an 06 with 118,000 daily driver PA weather. I have replaced a rear wheel seal, (PAIN IN THE A$$ if you don't know what your doing) battery, brakes and rotors, alternator, front wheel hub. Not to bad for a truck that has done paid for it self in my eyes.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have an 06 KC LE 2WD with 170k that I bought new. I have changed oil/filter every 5k miles using Mobil1. I had one warranty repair - a leaking rear axle seal. I am nearly ready for my third set of brake pads and have replaced front struts and rear shocks, plugs, filters, battery, belt and outer tie rod ends. Other than this routine maintenance and changing diff fluid 3x and tranny fluid once, I have only replaced two parts that failed. Those were the positive battery terminal (2x) and the resistor for the variable speed fan (also 2x). The paint and the interior still look good - the Florida sun cracked one plastic dash part that I need to replace and I recently replaced the worn out steering wheel with a wood/leather combination. Best vehicle of any kind that I have owned - uses no oil and has never failed me. I will keep driving mine until the G2 Titans arrive and then decide if I want one.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have an 06 CC 4x4 with 104k miles. It has had both rear axle seals and exhaust manifolds replaced under warranty. I replaced a trans mount, two sets of brakes, fan clutch, two batteries and about to replace a radiator. The only thing that they gave me the run around about is the brake light/abs issue and they never figured it out. The warranty expired shortly after I took it in the last time and they couldn't figure it out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Original owner 2004 titan 4wd LE, just turned 200,000 miles. Brakes upgraded by dealer free. Last 20,000 miles noticed an exhaust leak when starting up, goes away when warm. No loss of power. Replaced axle seals at 180,000. Slight whine in differential, looks ok but gears are worn. Replaced starter at 190,000. Does not leak or burn a drop of anything. Runs like a scalded ape. Replaced O2 sensor. Get an occasional service light (cat not working at peak efficiency). Change oil every 3750 miles with castrol gtx. Change differential fluid every 50,000 miles (synthetic). Flushed tranny at 100,000 and 200,000. I am a contractor but I take care of my equipment. Do most of the work myself. Am now thinking of replacing before any big repair bills. Have owned three Fords and two Chevies, liked them but Titan is more durable and a much better truck in my opinion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 08 SE with 193,000 Miles. Engine is as strong as new.

No problems to date. Have replaced oil with conventional oil and one quart of Lucas Oil Stabilizer every 3500 to 5000 miles.

Did a major check and tune up at 100,000 miles. New plugs, radiator flush, Transmission drain and fill (4 quarts), Rear Differential drain and fill, new serpentine belt, new cabin air filter, and chassis lube.

Still on original brake pads but 5th set of tires. Always run Yokohama Geolander tires.

I need to replace front struts, they squeak on speed bumps but truck still handles solid on the road. Other than that the truck really needs nothing. I am planning on driving it at least another year and should hit 220,000 miles based on my driving habits.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Digging up old thread.....I'm looking to see if anyone out there has more miles than me!
I have currently 278,000 of hard miles on my mostly stock 06 cc 4wd. Been an amazing truck, 4wd don't engage because of abs issue. Also exhaust manifolds have leaked since I drove it off the lot I think! Axle seals are constant, and the typical titan issues have been repaired. It's pulled a 14' tandem enclosed trailer loaded its whole life. It's now retired and I pull it with a 1 ton van due to needing the space of a cargo van for equipment. I am looking to buy the cummins titan after they are out a few years...too expensive new! Looking forward to seeing some more high mileage owners 2cents!

Edit. The profile picture is from a month after I bought it in 06! I Almost forgot how clean I kept it back then!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 05 SE CC 4x4 just turned 175000 miles. Been real good to me had it about 4 years.

I had the 4x4 ABS issue fixed by changing a front hub assembly last year. I also did Stillen LT headers shortly after getting it due to the CEL light for the stock manifolds. ~ $600 well worth it. Did a cherrybomb with a dump after that

I also changed all the drivetrain fluids myself. Couple of break jobs, Drilled and slotted rotors in front. Axle vent mod. IPDM recall a while ago, but never had any issues due to it.

My truck has nice power and drives great. It has been good to me. I like the way the Nissan drives compared to other trucks.

I just recently put on Helo 835 18x9 wheels, lighter than the 5spoke 18x8 SE wheels. Not much, but a difference. Got BF Goodrich Rugged Terrains.

Great truck:big_grin:

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
1 Posts
273k miles on my 05 LE 2wd, bought new do all maintenance myself other then tranny flush. Just changed plugs again, has a slow coolant leak from original radiator and hoses (replacing next week). I've changed all 4 wheel bearings, brakes. Ignition module went out around 180k $400 or so to get fixed at stealership. Radio was replaced under warranty as was a power window motor, and power steering line. Brakes done under recall. Loses 1.5-2 quarts of oil between changes every 4-5k miles. Pretty sure it's valve stem seals compression tests great 220cfm average all cylinders. Stock exhaust leaks a bit when cold. Changed fuel injector o-rings. Thinking I might need a timing set soon, anyone know how long they last? Changed all struts to Bilsteins a while ago, big difference from the worn factory ones. Going on a decade with the truck and would still hop in and drive across the country, can't beat it. Thinking of just putting in a new drive train whenever this one fails and go for another decade.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went to this thread as I am curious about the expected longevity of the Nissan Titan. I bought my 2006 new and it has served me very well. With over 305,000 miles on it, it still pulls my flat-bed trailer, dump trailer, covered cargo trailer and 22 foot boat with ease. It do not use any oil between oil changes. In fact, the engine still has its original alternator, water pump, starter, and exhaust system (except the tailpipe was replaced). I obviously drive a lot and work my truck, but its trouble free service is impressive to me. If I were forced to speculate, I'd say 500,000 miles is achievable.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a 2004 LE crew cab, actually got it June 2003 so its a first gen and I've got 160K, no cracked headers or other major issues I've read about. Survived three minor wrecks, latest happened yeaterday, got rear-ended on I-95 in ruch hour coming home.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Creeping up on 100K on my '08 (and the warranty expires -- gotta figure out what I want to do about that). Hate the gas mileage, love everything else. (Well, a couple of small rust bubbles on rear bed panels and a cracked overhead console bug me, but otherwise...) Runs like an absolute beast. I plow with it, 500' driveway on a hill. This truck laughs at that. Like to get a commuter car to save some life on this as I never want to buy another truck, but she-who-must-be-obeyed has overruled me on that... for now.

·
Registered
394 Posts
LOL, I am nearing the end of my drivetrain warranty for my 2011 SV (Sept 15th) and I'm at 95,000 KM. (about 56,000 miles). Does my heart good to see guys getting well over 100,000 miles before any major issues develop!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have 108,XXX miles on mine. No cracked headers or rear end problems on mine. I did have my transmission cooler lines blow on me towing on holidays that has trickled into some issues. the AC valve went (I think when they pressure washed it water was forced up into the valve leaving it to knock on start up). Runs like a BEAST still even after losing that fluid and some random stranger trying to move my truck with no fluid in the tranny no problems and shifts like shes new. Not much for odd sounds or anything just rides like a lumber wagon. Just tell my dad not to drive her so hard that engine coolant doesnt spray everywhere, but thats a family problem! He loves the trucks as much as I do and thinks its okay to hit the redline once a in a while even at 70 years of age. This is my 4th Nissan truck and Ive loved everyone so far. As for milage issues they really are not that bad I borrowed my sisters eco boost now thats a gas sucker and has a 130 L tank. I think some do and do not understand the power train in these Titans is possibly #1 for durability the rest is something to be questioned on.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a 2005 cc off road package and I just blew my motor at 256,000 miles and I used it mudding, as a work truck everything u can think of. It have a lead foot and ride it pretty hard but I owned an 05 Chevy with half the miles that didn't run as good as mine did. I treated it rough but I kept up on all maintenance and changed fluids regularly, if I would have putted it around I believe I could have got 300k or more. Needless to say I replaced the motor and got Cajun exhaust and Uprev and now I'm right back in it. I love the Titan and I won't have a different truck. I yeah I blew it running 110 with a new ford ecoboost, they are pretty quick but that was before Uprev, I would tax that a$$ now:eek:k_hand::eek:k_hand:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Back in August I sold my (bought brand new) 2004 Armada to a buddy with 230k on it. Bought a 2014 SV.

From day one was religious with the Mobile 1 fully syn and K&N cleanings. The rest I let the smart people handle. No major issues ever. Starter at 200k.

Rear ended yr ago by a dude in a toyota burp and his car was fubar. I literally didn't have but a barely noticeable scuff on the rear.

I swear that guy is gonna get another 100k out of it if he takes care.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts