Nissan Titan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
No mention of the spring shackle problem in earlier pre-08, models?
I sent my leaf right through the bed. With like 30k on it, fixed under warranty. Glad there wasn't anything back there. Dealer only wanted to replace the one shackle. I said no way I'll pay for the second, but they did it for free.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Titan has 334k miles. It's an '08 LE 4x4. Stone stock. Have replaced Starter, Heater fan, Plug coils, brakes at 140k and 250k. I have run full synthetic since the first oil change. Never touched the tranny. Had the rear rebuilt about a month after an episode of driving through floodwater. Tech said the rear was full of water. oops.
Wash it every week. Still turns heads and looks brand new. My second Titan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an '08 se 4x4 with 285,000+ miles and starting to use a little oil now, but still runs great and pulls great. It even still has original plugs. only thing replaced so far is power steering pump and 1 front hub. Extremely happy with mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's what I want to hear! Been looking at Titans, and wondering if buying used in the 100-150K range is a good idea or if I should spend the extra couple $K and go for a 80K range truck. Recently purchased a 2011 Armada for my family ride, and couldn't be happier! I think a Titan would look nice in the garage beside my 'Mada, whataya think? :)

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
That's what I want to hear! Been looking at Titans, and wondering if buying used in the 100-150K range is a good idea or if I should spend the extra couple $K and go for a 80K range truck. Recently purchased a 2011 Armada for my family ride, and couldn't be happier! I think a Titan would look nice in the garage beside my 'Mada, whataya think? :)
Assuming you have it checked out by a mechanic before purchasing it, you should be OK. My '07 just rolled over 160K and is running fine (and I hope I didn't just jinx myself by saying that!).

·
Registered
27 Posts
my 06 nissan titan has 427,000 miles. Havent seen anyone else online that has as much as me. i can take pictures if yall would like.

·
Registered
831 Posts
my 06 nissan titan has 427,000 miles. Havent seen anyone else online that has as much as me. i can take pictures if yall would like.
Awesome! A true testament to what these trucks are capable of doing! Have you done any mods or is it stock? Any major repairs?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
No mods, I'll post a picture in a little bit. I just replaced the first equipment failure under the hood. Radiator had a small leak. The only real issue I've had with my titan is the rear seals. Probably replaced them 4-5 times. It will go a year or 2 and then start leaking. Besides that tires/batteries & oil changes. Brakes rotors bearings etc. I just replaced the drive belt at 415,000 from original. Timing belt has never been changed. Transmission oil had been drained and refilled once. Probably will do that soon again. Smart plugs replaced around 100,000 and have been using those ever since. Had my cruise control go out and fixed it easily thanks to sites like this for only $30 off eBay. My headlights are so bad I replaced them last night from the original. I just couldn't see anymore on the road. Just let me know what y'all think guys.

·
Registered
655 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
No mods, I'll post a picture in a little bit. I just replaced the first equipment failure under the hood. Radiator had a small leak. The only real issue I've had with my titan is the rear seals. Probably replaced them 4-5 times. It will go a year or 2 and then start leaking. Besides that tires/batteries & oil changes. Brakes rotors bearings etc. I just replaced the drive belt at 415,000 from original. Timing belt has never been changed. Transmission oil had been drained and refilled once. Probably will do that soon again. Smart plugs replaced around 100,000 and have been using those ever since. Had my cruise control go out and fixed it easily thanks to sites like this for only $30 off eBay. My headlights are so bad I replaced them last night from the original. I just couldn't see anymore on the road. Just let me know what y'all think guys.
Lucky for you, you will never have to change the timing belt on your Titan! The VK56 uses a timing chain system which shouldn't ever need replacement. I'd look into the axle vent mod and change the spark plugs, but I'm not going to tell you what maintenance to do, you seem to have things under control and figured out!:big_grin:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have an 04, 4x4 no mods, just maintenance, most of the front moving parts, a.c. pump, power steering etc. I'm at 429,700 now. Good truck, nothing horrible in my mind. Trany went at 400,200, rear end at around 350,00 and transfer case at about 370,00. I've been extremely pleased and do drive pretty hard but mostly highway miles. Forgot the exhaust manifolds have cracked,both once and I believe the passenger side is cracked again but hey, 400k plus? Things are going to break.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
what is a "smart plug"?

and to be clear, you changed them once and have almost 400k on the same set of spark plugs?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2012 Pro-4x has over 476,000 on it as of today and I am still running them up like a slot machine. Never been inside the engine at all. Planning to replace plugs and coil in the upcoming weeks. will be it's 3rd set of plugs I believe. These trucks are awesome when taken care of.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts