Nissan Titan Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah I love mines, I’m at 525k now with the original engine/tranny except radiator and 1 belt, even though it’s slips early in the am but works better throughout the day. Yours does look in way better shape than mines. I have a lot of paint worn off on the roof and hood and looks down to the primer. But it’s just a damn good reliable vehicle. Gets me where I need to be and doesn’t complain about it. Lol keep on pushing brotha!

·
Registered
173 Posts
05 CC SV with 199K
Spending about 2-3K each year the past few years on maintenance.
Recently replaced valve covers.
Motor mounts still on the "to do" list but holding off as long as possible.
My wife keeps saying, once more big bill and we start looking for a new truck.
2-3K each year is still a bit cheaper than a new truck payment.

·
Registered
306 Posts
05 CC SV with 199K
Spending about 2-3K each year the past few years on maintenance.
Recently replaced valve covers.
Motor mounts still on the "to do" list but holding off as long as possible.
My wife keeps saying, once more big bill and we start looking for a new truck.
2-3K each year is still a bit cheaper than a new truck payment.
05 CC with 203K on it.
bought it for 4k in 2014 with a 150k on it, from the person that bought it new (I knew the person). however it was 99% high way miles, and most of it in the first 3 years he owned it.
this year was by far the heaviest year in terms of money invested in it - ball joints, control arms, entire exhaust system (manifolds, sensors, everything), oil pan, tranny pan, coils, plugs, both bearing/hub assemblies, some other odds and ends, cv axle - about 4k into this year and a lot of my time. I'm under 8k into it since buying it, so I am pretty happy with it.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Compared to most of yours it looks like I'm just now starting to break mine in. I just broke 140k about a week ago. The T is still going strong.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 07 titan se with 182k ..only trouble ive ever had is relay to fog lights went out...basic matenance and oil changes..thats all..no secrets..itll run for years

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I have a 07 titan se with 182k ..only trouble ive ever had is relay to fog lights went out...basic matenance and oil changes..thats all..no secrets..itll run for years
Wow, you have been very fortunate. My 06 with still under 100k has had all new shocks/struts, new front springs, radiator, rear axle seals, the return of the squeaky passenger seat that I fixed following the TSB years ago (the fix didnt last), rear window seals falling out, squeaky dash, pinion seal leaks (i dont repair it anymore, just add oil) , new door handles (the originals literally fell apart in my hands) , had to put seat covers on because the original seats are crap and didnt last, more things that i cant remember, and now the HVAC fan only has 2 speeds, high and off. Perfect example of Nissans fall from quality. But i keep it, because I'm broke and it runs good. Oh, my air filter boxed also cracked and was replaced. This truck was lightly used and never beat on

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have 133,000 on my Titan and still going strong. I have had it serviced regularly; oil, trans, 4x4 stuff. I added the csf 3328 radiator (preventive) new shocks, struts, rear diff vent mod, and carbon rotors. All in all good truck. To be honest most vehicles will last if you maintain them and don’t go crazy with them. Enjoy!

·
Registered
22 Posts
2012 Pro-4x. Will turn 130,000 trouble-free miles in the next week or two. Bought it with 7 miles on the odometer. Replaced the exhaust last fall, front hubs, a tie rod or two, couple sets of brakes, a rebuild of the parking brake, the 3rd brake light gasket started to leak last year and dealer fixed it, and that's about it. Dealer did say they suspected a cracked passenger side manifold quoting me "a couple grand" but that was before the hole in the exhaust behind the cats along the top of the pipe really opened up. I do not suspect a cracked manifold now, but we will see.

The rear painted bumper started rust around the sensors, and along the edges facing the rear wheels. Couple years back I sanded the edges and coated with rattle can bedliner. Now the silly tool box door behind the driver rear wheel is bubbling with rust, so I'll sand that and rattle can it with bedliner.

Replaced the plugs at 100K miles, drained and filled the tranny once, and the differential and transfer once. Been running full synthetic oil in it since I first bought it and change it about 4-5K miles religiously. Rotate the tires at the oil change too.

This has been a very dependable truck, very comfy. We feel really safe riding in it. We did add an aftermarket remote starter which is awesome. I'd love to replace it with a 2020 Titan later this year, or a left over early next. But based on the sticker prices, I will buy whatever brand gives me the best deal for the money and trade in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, folks! I have been looking at a couple Titans for sale around here with pretty high miles. An 06 with 115k and an 04 with 135k. My question is for those of you with high mileage trucks. How well do these beasts hold up? Any common problems around these mileage points I should be looking at while shopping? My 1991 Pathfinder has 185k miles, is my daily driver, and still runs like a champ.
The 2004 titan I'm sure this is for all.older models have trouble with radiator walls bust amd let tranny fluid get it o trans fluid and messing up transmission I would do lot of research befor I'd buy one wish I had so I'm stuck with 3800$ trans work

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought my 2013 Titan with 123,000 miles. It’s perfect no problems at all
I have an '04 with 106k on it.
An axle seal leak, IPDM failure, MAF died out were the unexpected surprises over the past six years.

I supplanted stuns, radiator, ventilation systems, leaf spring shackles, in addition to tires as a component of a spending I put in a safe auto clicker spot for protection upkeep. (gracious and in light of the fact that I needed to update those parts also!)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mine has a hole and keep a towel over it or else a piece of metal pokes me in the *** cheek.
I use that expand-a-foam crap (Great Stuff) to build/fill it back up and then seal the hole with Goop adhesive. That metal bar has put holes in my pants and showing my underwear at work

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a 2012 and will hit 127k miles this week. Truck has never had anything but standard maintenance, has been rock solid from day one. Wonderful vehicle, has taken my family all over the country and has been my daily commuter since day one Just wish I could get a litttler better gas mileage... but can’t have them all I guess. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have and 04 with 218,000 miles. I just ended up replacing both exhaust manifold and sensors. Not cheap. Kept the truck 6 months to long. Just before that, I replaced the Radiator and Tranny cooler. (Someone messed it up taking out the radiator.) And after that, I got to replace my front hubs(bearings). It sounds like a lot. But other than spark plugs at 180,000 miles, oil changes and Brake changes nothing major in the first 15 years.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow, you have been very fortunate. My 06 with still under 100k has had all new shocks/struts, new front springs, radiator, rear axle seals, the return of the squeaky passenger seat that I fixed following the TSB years ago (the fix didnt last), rear window seals falling out, squeaky dash, pinion seal leaks (i dont repair it anymore, just add oil) , new door handles (the originals literally fell apart in my hands) , had to put seat covers on because the original seats are crap and didnt last, more things that i cant remember, and now the HVAC fan only has 2 speeds, high and off. Perfect example of Nissans fall from quality. But i keep it, because I'm broke and it runs good. Oh, my air filter boxed also cracked and was replaced. This truck was lightly used and never beat on
Wow that sounds like a flood vehicle

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow that sounds like a flood vehicle
I bought an 06 and it’s been great I’ve driven it from Detroit to Seattle and back and to the Gulf coast twice and back to Florida
I’ve had to change a ujoint for the 4x4 and replaced the Vbelt and swapped out all of the fluids.The only thing that I don’t like are the brakes.Id like to do the 08 upgrade

61 - 79 of 79 Posts