Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post. New owner of a 2007 XE Crew Cab, 4x4. Already put in a Volant CAI, PRG 1.3" level lift, factory fogs, and solid side SnugTop Shell.

Question has to do with the high mount brake light. The shop that put the shell on my truck did not disable the high mount brake light on the truck. :huh: I looked at the truck's manual; but says that this should be done by a tech and does not give any guidance. Can anyone tell me how to remove the cover so that I can monkey with the bulbs/wiring? I didn't want to start yanking on things without having a clue.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Inside the cab, there are two approximately 1.25" plugs in the headliner below where the light is. Using an 8mm socket/extension, remove the two nuts and the light comes right off. Also note that the wiring runs from the light over to the passenger side, down the b/c pillar (depending on KC or CC) then up along the rocker panel towards the front of the truck.

This schematic may be helpful, ignore the green part that I added onto it.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/att...es/48124-cargo-light-circuit.jpg?d=1188471058

1 - 3 of 3 Posts