hitch
pre wired brake controller
6 CD
Tow mirrors

According to the used car window sticker I have an XE, its not
Single Cd, its not
Now heres the part Im not sure about.
2.94 Dana Axle?

When passing in D, not OD the truck wants to high rev before kicking in to the passing gear. What gear selection should I be in to get instant power to the wheels? Will tow mode help?
The Titan is the best truck I have ever owned

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Um, that's a little confusing. Your saying that your engine will rev when you pass someone... Isn't that the point? The correct gear depends on your speed. Tow mode won't help.

Btw, welcome to TT :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK. Let me try to explaine it better. When punching the gas the RPMs raise but the power dosent go straight to the wheels. It has a delay. Its not a trans slip . Just feels like its not dropping down to the correct gear as fast as it should

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
OK. Let me try to explaine it better. When punching the gas the RPMs raise but the power dosent go straight to the wheels. It has a delay. Its not a trans slip . Just feels like its not dropping down to the correct gear as fast as it should
The very definition of trans slipping is high rpm but the truck isn't going anywhere...The Titans are not known for slow trans downshifts...but it sounds like some one else needs to drive the truck to see what's what....

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Our trucks respond pretty slow if you just mash it. Sounds normal to me

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
With a truck with unknown maintenance history, I would start by changing your ATF with Nissan Matic J or S or compatible aftermarket ATF by draining from the ATF cooler return line while filling per the service manual, and make sure it is filled to the correct level.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Heres the Beast !

Amazed at the power going from 65 to 80 in seconds
And this is what I will be pulling
The Titan replaced that 4.0 Merc hooked up to the trailer. That thing struggled !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts