Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody out there that's in school and has a titan? Can't think of a better first car! Did see that MXtitan, the one with the messed up back, was in high school. So anyone who is let all of TT know!:cheers:

·
Registered
259 Posts
cant say i know anyone with a Titan...I drove a 73 camaro..check out my tire mods!!

·
Registered
674 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
Sorry...can't relate. Now if you asked.."Anyone out there have a 73 Nova you had to pay for yourself"....I'd be right there with ya!
Yea...I just bought a 73 nova about 3 months ago....paid for it all by myself.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I got mine 2 month after i graduated, didn't turn 18 till August so i had to wait :crying:

·
Registered
440 Posts
I had a fairly plain '91 Ford Explorer that I bought when I was a senior in high school, so I don't know what it was like to have a Titan in high school, either. Oh wait, we didn't start building the Titan until after I graduated from college.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Got my Titan 5.5 years after I graduated High School!

I had an 88 Ford Ranger for 2 years and then My father gave me his 1998 F150 when he upgraded to a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

That F150 was an awesome truck! Kind of wish she wasn't so used up. I feel like a month from now, that thing is going to be in the shop for an engine or transmission overhaul.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm turnin' 16 in April so I'll be able to drive mine. All ready have it, in fact I'm drooling right now..:gunz:

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Mommy and Daddy wanted me to learn the value of a dollar. So, no... I had an 85 jeep that cost me $300.

·
Registered
366 Posts
1BadTitan said:
Mommy and Daddy wanted me to learn the value of a dollar. So, no... I had an 85 jeep that cost me $300.
I paid only $300 for my first, it was a 94 BMW 325i 5-speed

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Mommy and daddy wanted me to know the value of the dollar. So yes i have a titan bought by me for my graduation present. Fully loaded 2006 LE 4x4 big tow, sunroof, navigation, etc.. Still live with my parents so i dont pay rent or nothing but they have never payed a dime on my truck or my atv in the sig, witch has about 15k into it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Got a 1995 nissan hardbody when I was 15(had a hardship liscense) I began working and saving until I got about $10,000 for a down payment and now I have my 08 LE 4X2 loaded w/o sunroof or gps:gunz: :gunz: . Got it about 2 months ago and i'm seventeen!!! I had wanted this truck since it first came out and my dad got our armada.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn't mean for this to turn into a "value of a dollar" thread.:upsidedow

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
yamatitan said:
Mommy and daddy wanted me to know the value of the dollar. So yes i have a titan bought by me for my graduation present. Fully loaded 2006 LE 4x4 big tow, sunroof, navigation, etc.. Still live with my parents so i dont pay rent or nothing but they have never payed a dime on my truck or my atv in the sig, witch has about 15k into it.

15k in a grizz?? dam wish i was that sales guy... i could afford 2 titans

oh yea... i got my TITAN a couple years after i graduated and i paid for it myself... and the STI... and my house... my first was a 94 s-10 and i also paid for that myself..

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mine sounds exactly like Texastitan's, but an 04' with a sub and utilitrack. Oh and the whole being white thing too.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Underagedtitan said:
Mine sounds exactly like Texastitan's, but an 04' with a sub and utilitrack. Oh and the whole being white thing too.
Sometimes I wish I went with white...Black is always so dirty and scratchs show up so easily, but the shine when waxed is unbeatable!!! great choice with the titan...is clearly the best looking truck in the school parking lot:cheers:

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
titan814 said:
15k in a grizz?? dam wish i was that sales guy... i could afford 2 titans

oh yea... i got my TITAN a couple years after i graduated and i paid for it myself... and the STI... and my house... my first was a 94 s-10 and i also paid for that myself..

I have 7k for the stock bike and another 8k in aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
20TexasTitan08 said:
Sometimes I wish I went with white...Black is always so dirty and scratchs show up so easily, but the shine when waxed is unbeatable!!! great choice with the titan...is clearly the best looking truck in the school parking lot:cheers:
I'm sure mine will be one of the better in the parking lot. Getting it actually wasn't even my idea. Our family took our heavily modded Ram 3500 with our camper on it to Colorado and utha to ski. But the first intersection in Steamboat springs, colorado a 1992 chevy cavalier thought she could run a red right in front of us. As you can Imagine 13,000lbs+ VS. 3,800lbs didn't work very well for her. After a long journey home In a rentel F150 we needed a truck to get into the mountains and the titan was the first thing we ran into in the Nissan-dodge dealer. This whole thing worked out pretty well for me.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Dang!!! did the lady in the cavalier live?

·
Registered
834 Posts
When I turned 17 (in 1988) my parents co-signed a loan for me on a 1984 Nissan Pulsar - 5 speed standard with no AC in Louisiana (Sweltering in the summer) and I drove that thing my senior year & all through college. When I graduated college I gave it to my little sister in decent shape with 200K miles and she totaled it out in 3 months.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts