Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering who has Titans with 90,000+ miles?
I have been looking for a Titan for well over a month now, i put about 30k a year on for miles and i dont want to pay for a low mileage one just to go and rack up a ton of miles on it.

I just dont see many with over 70k miles.

Anyways,

The other day I found an 04 CC, SE 4x4 with the BT package, it has 111K miles on it, 1 owner, Carfax is clean, it shows a trip to the service center at 6k miles, (maybe brake recall?)

I can pick it up for prob $14,500 -$15,000 bucks.

NADA show a $15,200 trade in value, and $18,200

What are your thoughts on it?

Seems to be priced decent, just wondering what others opinions are.

Thanks!

·
Registered
204 Posts
i personally think thats a bit of a rip...i got mine used with 44k miles on it for 17500 otd...

·
Registered
679 Posts
That price seems high.... And as mentioned I'd be weary of a first model year with all those miles... and with the amount you put on it in a year and a half you're looking at 150K... by that point I'd think your chances of having a big repair (tranny, rear end, etc.) is pretty high.

I just ran KBB on my 05 LE CC 4X4 with 47K miles... Private party was around 21K I think...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmmmmmmm......Everybody talks like the Titan is the best truck out there.
The ones I have test driven have been great, I lobe the power and looks.

Are they not as reliable as i thought?

I have yet to find a decent CC, with the BT package for under $21,500.
KC i can find all day long, but everyone wants an arm and a leg for the CC.

Wish i found the deals like you guys got on your trcuks!

Local Nissan lot has 1 Titan on the used lot 04 CC, OR, BT 40K miles, tried to deal for 2 weeks on it, lowest i got was $23,950, They wont do any better cause in their word, " We know we can get this out of it"

Just thinking that i could get the higher miles and save nearly $10,000 bucks on virtually the same truck otherwise.

Maybe i wont come out ahead in the long run!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have an '04 with 91,000 miles on it. I drive 3,500 a month for work (mostly highway at high speeds 70-80 sustained for long distances). So far I have done the brake fix, changed the oil and other fluids as recommended and not a hint of any other probs. I am detecting a slight exhaust leak now I am assuming it is the manifold, other than that no probs. I plan on driving it until the wheels fall off. If you can find one that was driven like mine and cared for like mine, you should be able to trust it for many more miles.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have 95K+ miles on mine and have used it for work towing and hauling. I have only replaced the pads on the brakes and put on one set of tires. I change the fluids regularly and I have had no problems. The engine uses no oil and the transmission works great. I have had no problems with the differential even though I tow over the max some. The body has remained tight for the mile especially considering I take the truck offroad quite a bit. I have no concerns with the truck at this time and I intend to drive it over 150K before I get rid of it. It has been a great truck.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Galaxyblack and JS02!
Thats what i was hoping to hear!
this truck will be driven mostly highway, i am a freak about routine maint.

I have always owned Fords till i bought my wifes Murano, It is low mileage 03 SL

I love it so much i sold my 180K Mile F-150 and started looking at Titans.

Hope i can work out a deal and get my first Titan!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good deal. i tow an enclosed trailer for my contruction business, its around 7600lbs with my tools in it.

Thats why i want one with the BT package.

Probably be towing 40% of the time.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Bring him down on the price and get it. Most people just talk nonsense when they see high miles.

The only issues you are looking at is brakes (duh), front leaking diff (all 4x4 are succeptible), rear diff (600$ fix with a limited slip replacement) and rear axle seals.

that's about it.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
104k on my 04' no problems! regular maintnance, and I get compliments like..
did you get a new truck? wow thats in great shape! not to mention it hauls a/s!

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Do you need a 4x4? for a little more money you can buy a newer truck with way less miles and 4wd. You can get a brand new XE kc 2wd for under $18k.

it would be hard for me to spend $14k on a truck with 111k miles. No matter what year it is at 100K miles vehicles get iffy and can nickle and dime you to death.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Haven't had any problems (other than the brake rotors) on my 2004.

It just turned 9,100 miles. Yeah, I don't drive it much. I don't post much, either.

- Mike

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well i bought the Titan!!!!!!!!!! I love it!
111K miles, CC, BT, SE It is cleaner and in better shape than i expected it to be, Got them down to $14,500. Considering the bank told me trade in value was $15,200 and even with the mileage deduction avg retail was shown at $18,200 if thought it was a decent deal.

i have never been afraid of high miles, i have only owned one vehicle with less than 100K miles on it when i bought it, that was my 94 GT Mustang it had 99,347 miles on it when i bought it.

Looked around for the last 2 months alot but every 50K mile 04 CC 4x4 was still over $19K bucks, the dedecution for the miles on mine was $2,800 so i figure it was not too bad of a deal!

The truck actually rides nicer than on i test drove that only had 36K miles on it.

I Love my New Titan, and look forward to several years with it, I know it is going to need some repairs, actually i think it needs some work with the differential, has a little whine when cruising at about 40mph, goes away when you let off the gas, sounds like gear whine a little. Any ideas?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Congrats bro. I'm sure IF you have any problems with it, the solution will be on here somewhere. Now your goal should be to put 111,000 on it yourself:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
95rioredvert said:
I Love my New Titan, and look forward to several years with it, I know it is going to need some repairs, actually i think it needs some work with the differential, has a little whine when cruising at about 40mph, goes away when you let off the gas, sounds like gear whine a little. Any ideas?
Yup. You need a new rear differential. Mine made that same whine until I had a new one put in under warranty just recently.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I put about 85k on my previous 04 Titan XE CC 2WD with a LOT of towing, and frankly a lot of driving like it was a muscle car - hard accelerating just to feel the power and hear the exhaust, etc. It was extremely reliable and gave me no real trouble; I eventually traded it in. Only replaced brake pads, changed oil, filters, etc. during its life with me. Just picked up its clone, a new 07 - YEEHAW!!!

Maintain yours well and odds are you'll get some good service out of it.

·
Registered
801 Posts
althepa said:
I put about 85k on my previous 04 Titan XE CC 2WD with a LOT of towing, and frankly a lot of driving like it was a muscle car - hard accelerating just to feel the power and hear the exhaust, etc. It was extremely reliable and gave me no real trouble; I eventually traded it in. Only replaced brake pads, changed oil, filters, etc. during its life with me. Just picked up its clone, a new 07 - YEEHAW!!!

Maintain yours well and odds are you'll get some good service out of it.
Sweet, 52k on mine and I thought about trading it in, but she's like new even though I beat the thing hard. Just finally needs tires.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
PRJ said:
Yup. You need a new rear differential. Mine made that same whine until I had a new one put in under warranty just recently.
Thats what i fugured, the dealer gave me a 30 day bumper to bumper warranty so looks like i be taking it to get the new differential put in it.

2nd day of owning it and i towed my enclosed work trailer already!
Tows very nice!

Everybody that has seen it just loves the truck!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts