Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! A deer hit me this morning as I was coming into work- Damaged the front of my truck pretty good- as you can see. I have an appointment next Monday with the insurance adjuster- Looks to me like the whole front end, plus the drivers side fender will have to be replaced. Just me in the truck- First time a deer has ever run into me...... freaked me out- poor truck :crying:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
The deer "ran into YOU"? Were you sitting still?

Either way, that sux. I know what it's like. I hit one with my Dad's truck once... Still haven't lived that one down. Hope you get it all fixed up right soon!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
First off, glad to hear you're doing alright. Second, Aren't you happy you drive a big truck? (I've seen deer do much more damage than that in smaller vehicles, sometimes ending up in fatalities for both driver and deer). Third, at least you have some food for the quite a while:teethmast I hope you're insurance company deals with your claim and doesn't try to screw you out of anything. Best of luck getting the truck fixed and back up to normal again. :cheers:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the kind words-

"I hope you're insurance company deals with your claim and doesn't try to screw you out of anything. Best of luck getting the truck fixed and back up to normal again. "

The director of Safety at the company I work for actually told me to phrase "the deer hit me" to my insurance company- sometime those companies like to play games if the costs get too high. This way when they listen back to the claim phone call it doesn't sound like I'm at fault- right off the bat- weird huh?!?!?

·
Registered
57 Posts
blktitan1978 said:
Wow! A deer hit me this morning as I was coming into work- Damaged the front of my truck pretty good- as you can see. I have an appointment next Monday with the insurance adjuster- Looks to me like the whole front end, plus the drivers side fender will have to be replaced. Just me in the truck- First time a deer has ever run into me...... freaked me out- poor truck :crying:
That's too bad - but like someone else said, deer accidents can be bad. We just had a lady where I live get killed when a deer hit her car and went through the windshield.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
"I don't see any hair or blood!!" says the Insurance Adjuster.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
54warrior said:
"I don't see any hair or blood!!" says the Insurance Adjuster.
"I just shaved the truck.... and the blood? Well, my truck's tough. It don't bleed!" :rofl:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
"I just shaved the truck.... and the blood? Well, my truck's tough. It don't bleed!" :rofl:
lol:teethmast

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Blackbeauty said:
LOL! nice :jester:

- there was plenty of hair on the tailgate- as for the blood- that deer was pretty big- I saw her back line above the hood of my truck! She took quite a hit- I was going about 55mph

·
Registered
123 Posts
blktitan1978 said:
LOL! nice :jester:

- I was going about 55mph
Hey man, glad hear you kept it together and given your impact speed, the ending could have been much worst.

It is that time of the year. Yesterday morning, I had a buck jump across the four lane divider as I was braking for a yellow. Had I chosen to run the yellow I would have likely impacted at 60 mph. About 5 years ago I took the head off of a doe with the front crash bar on my 95 Harley. I was lucky and didn't dump the bike.

My golden$$ rule is when something breaks; it is time for an upgrade!

The good news is that you get to pick up a new grill, something I have been playing with now that my truck is all of 3 weeks old. I am warming up to a Denali grill from Dunder Dan.

Any thoughts on using the insurance money some custom parts?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Glad you're O.K. I think that deer in general are nasy tick infested varmits that just carry lyme disease. Any animal stupid enough to jump inf ront of something moving 55 M.P.H. deserves to die!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
raconnol said:
My golden$$ rule is when something breaks; it is time for an upgrade!
I think you're right! Might as well get the Kennesaw Mountain bumper.... if I had that then this would be a non- issue- :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey man!

Good to see that you didn't get hurt! Also, it was good talking to you this morning! How is Big Daddy and Judge doin? Tell them that I said the Redskins STILL stink:futwice:

I guess you know who this is now, huh :cheers:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just be glad that it wasn't a moose! I saw a Ford Expedition take more damage than that after hitting a large bull...

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Thats too bad...glad you are ok.

I hit a deer once in my Ranger....it was really wierd.. So I pull on to the interstate from a rest stop going 35 or so and this deer runs along side of my truck and cuts in front of me... Pretty rude ha....Guess I was going to slow for him!!!!:jester:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Carolina BBQ said:
Hey man!

Good to see that you didn't get hurt! Also, it was good talking to you this morning! How is Big Daddy and Judge doin? Tell them that I said the Redskins STILL stink:futwice:

I guess you know who this is now, huh :cheers:
Whats happening! about time you're back on here- lol

Well- drove her home last night and she felt fine- The only thing I see in the front is the fan in the lower portion of the radiator was crushed and does not work- but I think that was the condenser/ backup fan- right? I shouldn't need it if I'm not running the a/c and its not like 95 degrees out? My insurance company can't look at the truck until next Monday

·
Registered
834 Posts
Enough about the truck...how much gravy meat were you able to salvage? :jester: :gotrice:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Doesn't take much to dent that faux chrome bumper.

I have a ding in mine from a wiffle bat gone astray

(I'm gonna miss that boy)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts