Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after 18 years of driving in Georgia, I paid my dues. I hit a deer on the way to work Tuesday morning doing about 35 - 40mph. Fortunately, it was coming onto the roadway from a slope, so I caught the head/shoulder area with my front passenger side. Pushed the bumper back a good bit and made a nice dent with some cracks in the grill. It was a good size buck, so could've been a good bit worse had I caught it straight on.

My buddy works at a body shop and is going to do the repairs. My skid plate is a little roughed up, but insurance said to just repair and replace. Has any body seen the Pro4X skid plate painted the same color as the bottom part of the body? Or even black? IMG_1253.jpg IMG_1250.jpg IMG_1248.jpg

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Wow you got lucky. Our police chief just got in an accident with his Titan he had to be flying he broke the rim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
305 Posts
Wow you got lucky. Our police chief just got in an accident with his Titan he had to be flying he broke the rim
4 years ago I hit a pothole at about 45...Didn't think much of it. Parked.
maybe two hours later someone texted me, hey your tire is flat. Didn't think much of it, figured I had run over a nail or screw or something as it was a construction site....grab a compressor and some water to find the puncture. We couldn't find a puncture. We did find a cracked rim.

When I hit a tree with my FX35 I split my rim in half (if you were looking at the rim like you were looking at the front of the car, i split it vertically).

·
Registered
180 Posts
Good thing it was a small accident all around. The deer in Texas will F up a semi if hit head on. I've only got tagged at an angle once and dented my previous Ram. Will always have a bull bar on my trucks after that. Head on , only God will save you. LOL.

The deer in TX mean mug you on the side of the road. LOL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts