Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Can you post some pics of the item you bought?

Are you happy with the quality and fit - how does it compare to the factory item?

Does it come with a mount for the trailer wiring already welded on?

Thanks Al

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
althepa said:
Can you post some pics of the item you bought?

Are you happy with the quality and fit - how does it compare to the factory item?

Does it come with a mount for the trailer wiring already welded on?

Thanks Al
Sorry I got no digital camera. I provided a link that should have a photo. But in any case, you can barely notice it. It is made from round tubing instead of the straight square tubing and it dips in the middle where the receiver is and back up where it mounts to the frame. I've installed several hitches in the past and this was by far the easiest. But that was mainly due to Nissan's design. There are 6 pre tapped holes for the hitch in the rear of the frame rails. The hidden hitch simply bolts on there using normal hex head bolts, flat washers, and locking washers. Personally I like it better than the factory hitch because it is less noticable, and it's my second Hidden Hitch and am pleased with their quality.

The trailor light plug is not welded on, which gives you the option of what type of plug you want. My trailor uses 4-pin flat, so the round T-1(?) wouldn't do me any good. Most truck accessory stores will carry the plug mount. I prefer stuffing the wire up into the bumper until I need it, less mess to look at that way.

You'll also need a wiring adapter to use the Titan's prewired plug. I just had the dealership order me one for $12.50. I'll get the part number as soon as it comes in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sammy,

I hope you have received the wiring adaptor to use the Titan's prewired plug. I assume the prewired plus is the big round one that the wiring harness is all wired into. I have a trailer with a flat four pin hookup and I didn't get the big tow package. I bought an aftermarket hitch which was installed by a truck accessory store. The store told me I needed to order the adaptor from the dealer. The dealer says they don't have such a part and that the accessory place never should have sold me the hitch. Yada, yada, yada...

Anyway, I would appreciate it if you could post the part number.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
slctitan said:
Sammy,

I hope you have received the wiring adaptor to use the Titan's prewired plug. I assume the prewired plus is the big round one that the wiring harness is all wired into. I have a trailer with a flat four pin hookup and I didn't get the big tow package. I bought an aftermarket hitch which was installed by a truck accessory store. The store told me I needed to order the adaptor from the dealer. The dealer says they don't have such a part and that the accessory place never should have sold me the hitch. Yada, yada, yada...

Anyway, I would appreciate it if you could post the part number.

Thanks
Sorry I forgot to post the part number. It is #24340-7S000 Description: Connector. Price was $12.55. It took about 3 days for them to get it in. I also have a flat 4 trailor, you can get the adapter at any truck store for about $12. My dealer was as confused as yours sounds, but after they looked at my truck they realized that they'd soon be having a lot more customers asking for the same thing. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks Sammy,

I ordered the part from a different, closer dealership. If it works, I owe you a big fat beer if you are ever in Salt Lake. I can't wait until dealers know as much about the Titans as the Titantalk people do.

Thanks again,

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
slctitan said:
Thanks Sammy,

I ordered the part from a different, closer dealership. If it works, I owe you a big fat beer if you are ever in Salt Lake. I can't wait until dealers know as much about the Titans as the Titantalk people do.

Thanks again,
No problem. It'll work just fine, the only problem is that it uses a OEM style mount, sorta a insert and twist style that my local hitch shop didn't carry. I'm still debating on how to set it up. A standard mount would require a few holes be drilled in the connector.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts