Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my VKPro installed for about ten days. All seemed well until a few days ago. Now it feels like it has a big ole flat spot in the power band, right around 1600-1900 rpms, which happens to be right in the cruising range. It feels as if it is surging slightly and/or almost misfiring.

I've had no SES lights come on. I've only run 92 octane fuel. It seemed to have started about three or four days ago. It falls on its face now trying to accelerate. About 2K it's fine. From off idle to above 2 K in feels no so great.

I've raced motorcycles and tuned their powerband for years, first with changing jets, etc, and now with a Dynojet Power Commander. I have a pretty good feel for a flat spot in the power band.

Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
511 Posts
I haven't noticed that. The one thing I am noticing is that I'm "getting used to" the feel of the truck now. At first, the increase in performance was very noticable, but now it's almost normal.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
could it be the gas in the tank? somtimes at cheaper gas stations i can feel decreased performance /poorer fuel econ. You probably know this though as high performance bikes are more tempremental to this. Now your truck is tuned maby it is too?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'll call stillen. i did try unconnecting then reconnecting everything. no change. i always get gas at either Union 76 or Chevron, so i doubt it is bad gas

·
Registered
511 Posts
Keep us updated on what you find out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts