Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled the trigger today and traded my 04 LE CC 4X4 OR BT and got me a Bizzard 08 LE CC 4X4 BT Long Bed (Could not pass up $5000 in rebates). I noticed that all of the 08 Titans have four holes on the inside of the sides of the bed. My 04 has the same patterns but the holes are pluged. The way I see it, these holes will fill up with dirt and small rocks in no time not to mention water. Any ideas. Also, do you know if I can install skid plate from an OR package on non OR Titan??

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
buy some plugs from a harware store, maybe some oem ones from nissan, or find an accessory to stick in there. I'm pretty sure whatever gets in there will fall out anyway

·
Registered
197 Posts
They are called speedholes. They make you go faster, I wish my 07 had them. :huh:

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Perhaps the dealer removed the plugs for some reason? :dunno: I would ask them first before buying anything to plug the holes....

And the skid plate will fit on the Non OR Titans, but you have to get the mounting brackets as well.

·
Registered
146 Posts
They're normal. I have the same holes on my '08. I have no idea what they are for though. Maybe some kind of ventelation hole for condensation, water, ect...Not sure.

·
Registered
564 Posts
When I asked the question for Nissan, Toyota, and Chevy they all said vennilation holes.

Now having written that, I also saw the same trucks (not Nissan) with plugs in the holes.

My final answer is I don't know.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replys. I have checked all the 2008 trucks at four different dealers and all of them have these holes so it is not one or two units that were missed during the "excellent" final quality check. Although the ventelation seems to be the best explaination, I still think they are going to allow dirt/rocks or whatever we use our trucks for to fall between the two skins of the side of the bed. 04 to 07 Titans has some kind of rubber plug in these holes so why all of sudden they are not there. Someone at Nissan knows and would be nice to get an answer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If they are the holes i think you are talking about, i just put 4 i bolts in them for extra tie down points. they come in handy and are cheap

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Can you take some pics of where these holes are? I'm not getting a picture of it......

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Are these only on the 08 models? I don't remember seeing them on mine. I'll have to check tomorrow.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Plug em'!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
My 04 has them and they are plugged. When I had the bed replaced (liner bubbling) they transferred the plugs from the old bed to the new one. I think they are used during the assembly process but not 100% sure.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, It looks like they are used to secure the OEM bed liner. Does anyone beside me think they will cause problems in the future if they are left open. doe anyone know how I can get these plugs?

·
Registered
686 Posts
My 08 has these holes uncovered as well. I'd like to plug them up as well. Anyone have a part # for the plugs that came with the previous model year titans?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok, I am determined to cover these holes but why should we just plug them. How about wiring some lights which connect to the cargo light. Maybe extra eye bolts for additional tiedown points (I have the utility bed and I don't think this would be my first option). Any other ideas??

·
Registered
29 Posts
titanguru said:
Do you have a bed liner or it is the sprayed on type?
The factory sprayed on type. I just looked, and there's rubber grommets in the holes.

Your dealership should supply them for your truck. It's odd that they are missing.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.