Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you have built your own traction bars? I have an 08' 2wd cc long bed with a 6" lift. Can any of you offer some insight on how you built yours and how you set them up? Mounts, length, angle, heim joint, bushing, material used ect... Pics would be great. I'm really interested in doing this myself, but I'm just not sure about a few things. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I really thought I would get more feed back on this though. I know there are plenty do it youself people on here.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Many are very pleased with the PRG products, and loyal to PRG so as to not give away dimensions too easily. There was a heated thread on that a year or two ago. Studying photos of the Aftermarket will certainly lend plenty of clues as to correct sizes. Buying the parts can be close to cost of buying the assembly. I.E. I just got a set of PRG End Links from a buddy (for free); but anyways, I was unable to buy the components for less than it would have been to buy the assembly from PRG. HEIM joints are a bit expensive once you do all the parts. I plan on removing my PRG Street Bars and adding on additional Square or Rectangular Tubing to beef them up even more, much like they do now. I don't need to, but it will certainly add a bit of panache'. It will force me to finally get the welded mounts cleaned up and painted too.

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand being a supporter of certain brand or looking out for some ones best interest, but buying off the shelf products and building/fabricating your own stuff is totally different. Anybody can whip out the old credit card and buy online,but doing it yourself is more fun and rewarding to me. I really did not think it would like asking for top secret information about some feed back on some ones experience building a set of traction bars. This my daily driver and I really don't have alot time or money to do this over and over again trying to get it right.

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw those the other day. I really like them, very simple. I pm'd him, but have not received a reply yet. I wonder how he likes them and if he were to do it again would he do something different?

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
I definitely agree, fabbing is far more satisfying. I do my own smaller projects. I am a certified welder, but don't have my own equipment, so am limited at work what I can do. e.g. can't bring truck into shop. The biggest consideration in making your own, is the sideways offset from the Plate on the Axle, to where it lines up with the Frame further forward. You'll want to weld the vertical plates back at the axle, at an angle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts