Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 SL that supposedly has the Homelink/ auto-dimming/ compass mirror. I have had the truck for about four months and have not tried to set up the Homelink until this weekend. I noticed there were no wires connected to the mirror and saw that there is no compass area in the top right corner. I searched in the headliner and found a wiring harness that has 6 wires ( yellow/purp, green/blk, green/red, blk, green/white). I went online and found the mirror that is in my truck is from a newer armada or other Nissan model. To anyone who has the OEM Homelink mirror, is this the correct wires that are OEM, or are these from another model Nissan as well? The windshield is Carlex so I am guessing that the previous owner had the windshield replaced and they broke the mirror and had to get a new one. Any recommendation of what to do from here to ger the Homelink working, should I buy the original mirror back or try and make this one work with these wires? I will attach the pictures below. Thank you for any help that you can provide.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
That appears to be the correct Titan mirror - it is exactly like the one on my 2011. But the wiring has been cut, so my guess is your truck was wrecked and repaired/rebuilt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That appears to be the correct Titan mirror - it is exactly like the one on my 2011. But the wiring has been cut, so my guess is your truck was wrecked and repaired/rebuilt.
Are the buttons the same on the right? My manual shows different buttons. The trucks never been in a wreck but the windshield has been replaced.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Excuse the slightly blurry pic.

20201118_175212.jpg

But my mirror is a dead-on match for yours, as the buttons go. Does your truck by chance have the nav package? If so, that may explain the difference of not having the compass in the mirror and having different buttons than what you're seeing in the manual. A quick check of my 2011 manual shows a Type A and Type B mirror, with mine matching the Type B style, with the exception of not having the compass in the mirror, because I have it in the Nav display.

Still not sure why someone would hack off the wiring on your mirror. You might be able to salvage it if the rest of the wiring is still in the headliner. Here's a link to how to add a mirror like this to a Titan, so it shows the OEM routing, I believe, running above the windshield and down the passenger A-pillar to the fuse box. Take a look for some wiring up under the lip of your headliner and you might be able to resolve this. Otherwise, you can buy the part number in the instructions and fix it right up, it seems. My guess is, whoever replaced the windshield hacked this off and didn't bother to tell anyone. Morons gonna moron...

Reactions: Bower8361

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a 2011 SL that supposedly has the Homelink/ auto-dimming/ compass mirror. I have had the truck for about four months and have not tried to set up the Homelink until this weekend. I noticed there were no wires connected to the mirror and saw that there is no compass area in the top right corner. I searched in the headliner and found a wiring harness that has 6 wires ( yellow/purp, green/blk, green/red, blk, green/white). I went online and found the mirror that is in my truck is from a newer armada or other Nissan model. To anyone who has the OEM Homelink mirror, is this the correct wires that are OEM, or are these from another model Nissan as well? The windshield is Carlex so I am guessing that the previous owner had the windshield replaced and they broke the mirror and had to get a new one. Any recommendation of what to do from here to ger the Homelink working, should I buy the original mirror back or try and make this one work with these wires? I will attach the pictures below. Thank you for any help that you can provide. View attachment 547511 View attachment 547510
Considering the number of wires that are in the chassis harness, the original mirror was auto-dimming with homelink, outside temperature and (maybe compass).

The wiring provides the following purpose:
Constant power (likely the yellow wire)
ACC power (likely the green/white)
Ground (likely the black wire)
Outside temp (remaining green wires)

With a VOM (volt/ohm meter) you can verify the power and ground wires which will leave the two remaining wires for the temp sensor. The constant power wire powers the HomeLink and the ACC wire everything else. The temp sensor requires no power. Note: If you leave your vehicle outside (sometimes) you may want to power the mirror from the ACC power line and ignore the constant power connection from the truck. Powered in this manner the Homelink only works with the ignition in ACC or ON.

The mirror is a GENTEK model - they have several models, search for the ones with HomeLink.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I do have the navigation screen with the RF sound system. It shows the compass in the nav screen so I am guessing it will not be in the mirror as well, is this correct? If so I do not know why there are 6 wires in the harness. If they all match up do I only need a short tailed harness to plug into the mirror? I tried to follow the harness up into the headliner but lost it under the overhead control panel for the sunroof, back window and dome nights, would it connect somewhere up there?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Not sure on where it connects. I'd start with finding the cut end behind the overhead console or the headliner, I think. Maybe that's what you tried to do already. There does appear to be a harness with a plug on one end which plugs into the mirror. If you don't have that end of the harness, I think you can order it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure on where it connects. I'd start with finding the cut end behind the overhead console or the headliner, I think. Maybe that's what you tried to do already. There does appear to be a harness with a plug on one end which plugs into the mirror. If you don't have that end of the harness, I think you can order it.
Sweet I will start looking around online. Anybody know of anywhere in particular that might have them?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts