Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed this for years on all my vehicles, and am still quite stumped that they have yet to tie this feature to the ignition.

I have to lockout my garage door to prevent the HomeLink garage door opener from opening my garage door, or not use the buttons at all. Its so easy for someone to pop the glass, or try the door in case it wasn't locked, and push the button to open my garage and enter the house and empty the contents...

anyone have the HomeLink wiring diagrams or know how to switch the HomeLink power on the fuse block to link to the ignition's power? I'm hoping the memory will be retained when power is lost...

thanks!

PS: I really think this feature/fix should be recalled on ALL makes/models that use HomeLink.

·
Registered
869 Posts
It's no different than leaving your opener clipped on the visor, like so many people do.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I've thought about this one as well. If I didn't park the T in the garage, I wouldn't have HomeLink programed. I also don't keep any documentation in the truck with my home address. :bangit:

I do believe that if you cut power to the HomeLink, it will lose its programing. If you disconnect the battery for a couple hours, the HomeLink will need to be reprogrammed. (along with your clock and stereo)

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
another thing they can do is get a portable garage door remote and clone your home link and come back later... and that's another reason not to have HomeLink programmed when you have your vehicle serviced or cleaned... as they usually have your address.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do believe that if you cut power to the HomeLink, it will lose its programing. If you disconnect the battery for a couple hours, the HomeLink will need to be reprogrammed. (along with your clock and stereo)
this is what I was afraid of...

another thing-- I could just get a viper remote and change my keychain... :) my brother did this, and added a viper module to his garage door and he disabled all standard remotes...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone ever find an answer to this? I still find it very strange that a brand new truck wouldn't have the built in technology to disable HomeLink when the ignition is off.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
I have the same question and found this thread via searching. It looks like there is no good option but to get a key chain remote and use that instead.......at least that is my conclusion. Sucks.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I need to figure out a solution for home link since i have more than one brand with same module.

Sent using this buggy crash-friendly app.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I dont think it loses its memory when power is cut as proven on past vehicles when changing the battery.

Find where it taps into power and change the source. Or, and the sources together to require both.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Nevermind, didn't see page 2 on the app.

sent from here

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
I dont understand this thread.. i have homelink in my 350z and my homelink doesnt work at all if the key is not in and have it in the on position. I did install it myself but the wiring was all there already.

Are you saying your homelink is working without the keys in the ignition?

AcidJake

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
I dont understand this thread.. i have homelink in my 350z and my homelink doesnt work at all if the key is not in and have it in the on position. I did install it myself but the wiring was all there already.

Are you saying your homelink is working without the keys in the ignition?

AcidJake
Yep. I even locked the truck (ie: turned on alarm) while sitting in there. Homelink still worked.....

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
All these threads have the same idea we have been thinking-- switch power sources-- going to try this.

Here is another:

Disable homelink when ignition off

Sent from my Desire HD
Let us know what you find out....I was thinking the same thing, but obviously did not want to loose the memory. Let us know how it works....

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just dont like tearing apart plastic to get to wiring....

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, might go have a look before sundown which is rapidly approaching. Might have to get a new multimeter as my friend fried both of my good ones one day!!! Suggestions on a good cheapy online are welcome. No way my bro will loan me his.... lol

1 - 20 of 37 Posts