Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have been working on this new airbox its massive and fits great....insulated inside and out...with plexiglass lid....its not done yet but should be soon....here are some pics...more to come as i finish...Enjoy

Attachments

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Im going to do some tests with a Thermometer to compare the open box thats in now compared to the sealed insulated box i made..and let you guys know......this a very cheap mod...just takes awhile to make

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
dang dude, ya gona call it the tornado??? looks great man;)

Reactions: WIKEDVK

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Looks good. Just curious, what is the purpose of the picture with 2 filters? I am guessing its to illustrate the size of the box?

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good. Just curious, what is the purpose of the picture with 2 filters? I am guessing its to illustrate the size of the box?
Yeah thats it just to show how much room is in the box

·
Registered
422 Posts
Nice! It's cool to build your own stuff.

What is it made out of? Is that dynamat or similar as insulation?

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice! It's cool to build your own stuff.

What is it made out of? Is that dynamat or similar as insulation?
I used cardboard for a base then used fiberglass to cover it then wrapped it with insulated foam/tape

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Just saw this " How To " That is a clean looking job on that air box perfect for cutting your 4" inlets and sealing it 360*.Looks like mine needs some work! Iam thinking a form with Great stuff,,,, like a cooler,,,,,,:read:

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I've sent Volant 3 emails trying to get an airbox with on replies! 4 months ago they said they'd sell me one but I didn't have the money!

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
I'm going to insulate my MXP airbox just like i did with my old AEM airbox. :eyebrow:

I'm not going to do the tube this time though...

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
You gonna cut a hole in that purty new box for your 4" ram air? And who needs a window washer anyway,,,, haha

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
You gonna cut a hole in that purty new box for your 4" ram air? And who needs a window washer anyway,,,, haha
LOL Yep, that's what Rain-X is for! :eyebrow:

I still have the 4"drill bit that i used on my AEM box too. I just need to decide on what i'm going to use for the ram-air tube from the grille to the box? The angles will need to different from my last one. Actually it will be almost a straight shot, that's why i want the pre-fliter first! On my AEM setup the upward angle of the ram-air tube into the box kept 99% of the water from getting to the filter. I'm also going to make it so i can close it off at the grille opening during heavy rains.

My old AEM ram-air setup:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Yeah when I first did my ram air the first road trip was through a tropical storm on the way to a job in Belton,Tx .I followed that storm allthe way when I left corpus a three in the morning I was thirty miles from eye of storm. had enough deflection to keep h2o out.,,luck for me

1 - 20 of 23 Posts