Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro-4x in Baja Storm
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was concerned about sticking a bug shield on my hood due to not being able to remove easily to clean under there as they only seem to make the 3m taped kind. Well, no cause for concern about removing because the 2020 hood- and maybe years prior- is made from aluminum! I read that on a review. And was shocked so i tested with a magnet. Sure enough it is! So no worries over rust through over the years. good times! why doesn't nissan market this thing more???

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Titan Pro-4X 2006 Nissan Titan SE (sold)
190 Posts
So i was concerned about sticking a bug shield on my hood due to not being able to remove easily to clean under there as they only seem to make the 3m taped kind. Well, no cause for concern about removing because the 2020 hood- and maybe years prior- is made from aluminum! I read that on a review. And was shocked so i tested with a magnet. Sure enough it is! So no worries over rust through over the years. good times! why doesn't nissan market this thing more???
Might be because Ford was taunted for their aluminum.

My other car has an aluminum hood as well.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
594 Posts
I am fine with the aluminum. I live less than a mile from the gulf of mexico. I would like more of the truck to be aluminum.

·
Registered
25 Posts
yup.just checked our 17 pro4x..aluminum! now i feel a little better about the abundance of paint chips....

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
594 Posts
aluminum still corrodes. just differently.

I used to be a golf cart mechanic. club cars uses aluminum frames while everyone else used steel. the batteries ate that up just like the steel.

good thing though, we have a better chance of it lasting with the aluminum hood. corrosion is way way slower without the aid of battery acid

·
Registered
25 Posts
aluminum still corrodes. just differently.

I used to be a golf cart mechanic. club cars uses aluminum frames while everyone else used steel. the batteries ate that up just like the steel.

good thing though, we have a better chance of it lasting with the aluminum hood. corrosion is way way slower without the aid of battery acid
ya.. was wondering why the chips.. werent turning brown..like on the bumper..

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
594 Posts
Aluminum turns white and crystalized looking. Like a white powder

1 - 7 of 7 Posts