Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been posted before. Anyway, I hooked up my holiday trailer and tried out the lights. Here is the status;

Right turn signal is working
Right brake light is working
Right daytime running light is working

Left turn signal is not working
Left brake light is not working
Left daytime running lights is working

I checked the fuses above the brake/gas pedals and they are fine:confused:

2004 titan

Please help, thanx :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Sorry if this has been posted before. Anyway, I hooked up my holiday trailer and tried out the lights. Here is the status;

Right turn signal is working
Right brake light is working
Right daytime running light is working

Left turn signal is not working
Left brake light is not working
Left daytime running lights is working

I checked the fuses above the brake/gas pedals and they are fine:confused:

2004 titan

Please help, thanx :)
DO you have a multimeter to check the terminal in the reciever on the truck and see if there is voltage there. The left brake and signal are combined at the back (if memory serves me). The running lights are run off a different circuit all to gether.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
DO you have a multimeter to check the terminal in the reciever on the truck and see if there is voltage there. The left brake and signal are combined at the back (if memory serves me). The running lights are run off a different circuit all to gether.
Yes, that is correct. I checked the prongs on the plug insert. Right side prong has juice when the right signal is on, left side signal on = no juice. The daytime light run on a different prong.

Sorry, should have pointed that out.... I tried the lights on the trailer with a friends chev truck and all the lights worked.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Swtich the towing relays left to right inside the box by the battery to see if the problem moves.
If it does, you have a failed relay.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Swtich the towing relays left to right inside the box by the battery to see if the problem moves.
If it does, you have a failed relay.
I took out every relay one by one and tested the power to the right signal after. It never lost power once! lol

both brown ones
both black ones
and all 3 blue ones

hmmmmm?

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Install the relay that powers the left side in the port that powers the right side.
You know the left side is working.
It's almost always a relay or a bulb out on the trailer.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Install the relay that powers the left side in the port that powers the right side.
You know the left side is working.
...Won't work on a 04'.....The 04's didn't use relays for the turn signals, that came on later years...

Double check the harness out of the body computer, that's where the TSB came from, adding fuses to keep from blowing the BCM....Don't just check the fuses there, run the turn signals and check they are working at the fuses...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts