Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 CC XE power windows and locks. When the doors are locked and I unlock the passenger side door with the key, the horn goes off when I open the door and I have to insert the key in the driver's side door, lock and unlock to turn the horn off.

Do I have keyless entry and the stealership didn't give me a key fob?????? Where is the control box for keyless entry located????

Stealership checked my VIN and said that I didn't have keyless entry.

Of course when the service guy tried it, the horn didnt go off. I'll do it myself next time to make sure it goes off while I'm there.

·
Registered
674 Posts
My wifes chevy does that....If you unlock with a key, then you have to get in and turn the key...if you dont then the horn goes off.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sounds like the key lock cylinder switch may not be hooked up on that door. I have seen this a couple of times on the drivers door, but never on the pass. door. take it to the stealership and see what they say. They can monitor the switches with the consult 2 and see if its working or not. Also if you bought the truck new check your window sticker that was originally on you window and see if it included keyless entery.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
This is normal. YES, you should have a keyfob. If the vehicle was locked with a keyfob, it MUST be opened with the keyfob or the alarm will sound. If you lock it with your key, or with the buttons inside the truck, it should not sound the alarm whether you use the fob or key. BUT, you are definitely owed TWO keyfobs! That's standard equipment and don't let anyone tell you any different!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the ideas. I checked the window sticker and all it stated under "safety&security" is "vehicle immobilizer system".

BB...remember it's an XE model so I wasn't sure if keyless entry is standard on all models.

I got 31,000 on the vehicle already and I'm definitely gonna bring it back to the stealership soon with a laundry list before the warranty runs out. :teethmast I just wanted to get some ideas (ammunition) before I go back to the stealership.

Thanks for the help so far!!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
my 06 XE OR had keyless entry, check and see what package your truck has

·
Super Moderator
93,864 Posts
My Nissan dealer doesn't even offer keyless entry as an option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts