Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a product from one of TT’s vendors over 3 weeks ago. The day after the product was ordered, I received an email confirming purchase, but the price deducted was more than the agreed price, and the name was wrong.

Called the company…” Sorry man, mix up on our part, we will fix it” I’m cool with that. No worries, it happens.

3 days go by with no word.
I call.. and call.. and call.. and leave a couple messages.
Next day I call again. I finally get an answer and I explain the situation. “My bad, I forgot to fix the issue” I ask, “Well..… can ya fix it now?” He says, “I will as soon as I hang up”. Cool, he’s busy, I understand, no biggie.
2 days go by, no word.

I call.. and call.. and call.. and leave a message.
I call the next day.. “My bad, I ****ed up..again.. to make things right, I’ll take 10 bucks off, and get the stuff shipped” Cool beans.. **** happens, I get that. 10 bucks off? Cool with me. No harm, no foul. But, starting to get a little annoyed.

Pay pal notice the next day, (Tuesdayish) correct price, correct name. SWEET!

Thursday now, still no notice of shipment. I call…… and more….. “I don’t know what happened… Ill get it shipped off right now.”
Friday, I get the shipment notice, and the items will be here next Friday. SWEET!

Friday gets here. Items came… but not complete.. AHHH WTF MAN!??
I call.. “blah blah blah, I screwed up… again.. I’ll make it right..blah blah blah.. Ill overnight them and you’ll have them Saturday, or Monday at the LATEST”

Saturday.. nothing.. Monday.. nothing.. I call late evening Monday.. He says, “I’ll see what happened, and call you right back” He never calls back.

Tuesday evening… 3 weeks now…Been calling all day.. left a message or 2.. nothing.. no word, no response, no correspondence, no shipment notification.

Wednesday evening….see Tuesday evening.

Thursday afternoon, I am now livid. No responses since Monday. Still have no word, no response, no correspondence, no shipment notification. Nothing.

I have tried finding the parts locally, I plan on just cutting my losses and ponying up the money to buy the items elsewhere, but no luck so far. I’ll probably end up ordering them online and end up waiting another week to get them.

I obviously will never do business with this company again. This isn’t the first “issue” I’ve had with the company, but in the past, it wasn’t this bad. These errors and the complete lack of customer service to me are totally unacceptable.

So, if anyone knows Greg over at PRGProducts, please get a hold of him and have him check his messages and give me a call. He has my number. Tell him I still need those metal sleeves (term?) for my shocks.

/rant off

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Bad customer service is something I can't stand, good luck man... that sucks.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Seems like what he needs to do is hire ALOT of employees. I cant imagine that he couldnt afford it considering alot of the merch he moves is 1000+ dollars. Ive been tryin to get ahold of him about bilsteins and icon but no word. Guess he doesnt want my money lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seems like what he needs to do is hire ALOT of employees. I cant imagine that he couldnt afford it considering alot of the merch he moves is 1000+ dollars. Ive been tryin to get ahold of him about bilsteins and icon but no word. Guess he doesnt want my money lol.

I agree with this 100%.

·
Registered
686 Posts
It's really a shame too because the people that get his stuff installed eventually are pretty happy with the products. I agree though, the best stuff in the world isn't worth sh!tty customer service. Call me old school but I just like that warm fuzzy feeling from a vendor when I'm laying out money to someone I don't know.

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
before you finished the story I knew who it was. bummer man. Maybe you should ask for some 4" blocks for free :)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
That does suck. Guess if I need anything, I now know who not to go to. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Greg losing customers wont be soo bad for me. In the near future im planning on opening an offroad shop like prg specializing in nissan truck. One of my main focuses is customer service because i personally hate the feeling of being in a situation like this one.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was torn before posting this. Greg IS a good guy from what Ive seen and heard, and from when I am able to get him on the phone, but also his customer support just isn't there, again, from what Ive seen and heard and experienced.
The fact that he is so deep in the Titan modifications and what he has done for the Titan community is why I went to him for the shocks, the drive shaft spacer, the traction bars... but customer service ultimately is what will bring me back time and time again.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I had a 4 or 5 email conversation going with him about my SV and he explained things well. My last email to him was to give me a price including shipping on the parts he last recommended. That was 2 months ago.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Im still waiting to hear about the 4" saw lift. Guess ill be going with bilsteins instead.

·
Registered
223 Posts
That sucks....I have purchased tons of stuff from him and never had one single problem, seems to me that he is a pretty cool guy! (Getting a hold of him is the toughest part, sometimes takes weeks!!) That sucks you have had bad experiences with him causes his products are worth every penny...

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That sucks....I have purchased tons of stuff from him and never had one single problem, seems to me that he is a pretty cool guy! (Getting a hold of him is the toughest part, sometimes takes weeks!!) That sucks you have had bad experiences with him causes his products are worth every penny...
Again, agreed 100%. I couldn't be happier with the products so far, and once I get these special order shocks squared away, I'm sure Ill be happy as a pig in **** with them as well. But getting them squared away has become a pita, and not something the consumer should have to worry about. I paid for an entire product, not most of a product.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Again, agreed 100%. I couldn't be happier with the products so far, and once I get these special order shocks squared away, I'm sure Ill be happy as a pig in **** with them as well. But getting them squared away has become a pita, and not something the consumer should have to worry about. I paid for an entire product, not most of a product.
Man that sucks. On a side note, and to completely derail the thread :teethmast , if you ever decide to dechrome you should sell those side rails back to me or swap me for a set of non-chromies :eyebrow: Your truck does look badass :bump:

·
Registered
984 Posts
Damn, did not see that one coming. I sure hope my ds spacer and cbdb are in the mail by now...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a terrible experience with PRG a little over a month ago trying to buy a mini-lift. I finally got the lift and it is great, so that is good.

It took me over a week to get someone on the phone just to ask 1 question before ordering the parts. Apparently the phones were out when I was trying to call. I saw another thread where another poster was told the exact same thing but the timing wasn't the same as mine. I finally talked to Greg and placed my order. He told me it would take 2-4 business days to get my lift. On the 4th day, no parts. On the 5th day, still no lift. So I called them and was told my order hadn't even shipped because they were waiting to receive some parts themselves before anything could be sent. Why was I never informed of this I asked, "Do you want a refund?" was his response. I almost said yes and normally I would with any other company but I really wanted this particular mini-lift after doing so much research. I expected at least a phone call or e-mail stating my order was on hold.

Anyway, it took several weeks for me to finally get the lift. The lift itself was perfect but the customer service couldn't have been much worse. I didn't post anything because I am new here and didn't want to get bashed because so many people had raved about Greg. I've seen a couple other threads like this so I figured I would chime in this time.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I've had a great experience with Greg, but this was like over a year ago. I actually went over to his shop (his garage) to get my new front struts put on and he was the coolest dude ever, he knew everything about the Titan suspension and even took me on a ride in his custom Titan with all the suspension work done to it. I must say it was the funnest I have ever had in truck, But with that aside I know his company has grown since then and also he's had a child. I know it is not an excuse but he is very busy with everything, and I do agree he does need some employees to help with phone calls and emails, because him obviously not returning calls and emails and messing up orders will result in him losing business. I just pray that something good comes towards him soon.. and that everything will fall in its place.. it would be a shame to see a good business fall because Greg is a really good guy.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Man that sucks. On a side note, and to completely derail the thread :teethmast , if you ever decide to dechrome you should sell those side rails back to me or swap me for a set of non-chromies :eyebrow: Your truck does look badass :bump:
Thanks. I'm on the fence with the step bars. I love the look with them removed, but my wife complains about how hard it is for her to climb in. I literally had to lift her into it, and lift her back out when she was in her ball gown.
Anyhoo.
The items arrived today, the were actually shipped out on Tuesday, not last Friday as promised. They are now on the truck, and I couldn't be happier with the look and ride. They are hands down much better then the white body shocks that come with the PC stage 1 lift.

I completely understand delays that are out of ones control. I completely understand delays due to family crisis's, but delays due to mix ups or lack of attention to detail kinda irk me.

All in all I agree 110% Greg is one hellova guy. Maybe needs a few employees to help him out, but I am in no position, nor do I have the right to suggest that. Just an observation and opinion.

With all that has happened, I will still probably deal with Greg again. That is if he will after this thread.. lol. He knows his ****, he has done the R&D, and in the end, I have yet to see anyone not satisfied with the end result. Sure its not always the fastest, or on time, but it is always the best.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I've had three transactions with Greg since I bought my Titan. The first ended in him giving me a partial refund due to him "forgetting to take my package to the post office" which caused a 30 day delay in getting my stuff.

The second transaction I ended up cancelling after getting fed up with the parts not being shipped out after months of waiting.

The third transaction I just made two weeks ago, and I have no realistic expectations of when the parts will arrive.

You might ask why I keep ordering stuff from this vendor if they keep screwing up like this, well the answer is pretty much the same as everyone elses. When you can get Greg's attention, you simply cannot find anyone with more knowledge of the Titan's suspension, or anyone with as much willingness to help and give you their undivided and much too scarce time as Greg. He is not a big corporation, he's a guy in a shop, doing his best.

Add PRG on facebook, he updates it fairly often and gives you an idea of what he's up too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts