Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 05 is rated at 305HP. I can't remember if it's the 06's or 07's that changed to 317HP. Where did Nissan come up with the extra 12HP? Is there a simple mod that can be done to get this extra 12HP. 305HP is plenty, but if I can get an extra 12 from any easy mod I'll take it.

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
I have wondered the same. The extra HP of 317 started in 2007. But I am happy with the 305hp 2006 Titan.:D

·
Registered
561 Posts
VVT (Variable Valve Timing), new exhaust, and I believe a new intake manifold.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Roll Tide!

·
Registered
561 Posts
No problem, Tide. See you at your place on Sept 22nd...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll be right in front of the T.V. with a cold Busch Light and burgers on the grill. Can't wait for college football to get started. They don't get into it to much out here in New Mexico.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Cool, I always thought the up in HP was because Nissan sandbagged on their HP ratings on the 04's and just used the real figures this time around. Did we ever figure out what the real hp ratings were on the 04's?

·
Registered
897 Posts
TitanLou said:
My 05 is rated at 305HP. I can't remember if it's the 06's or 07's that changed to 317HP. Where did Nissan come up with the extra 12HP? Is there a simple mod that can be done to get this extra 12HP. 305HP is plenty, but if I can get an extra 12 from any easy mod I'll take it.
Some '07 Titans have dyno'd much stronger than '04-'06's.

But at a recent dyno meet my '06 Dyno'd within 1 HP/6 TQ of an '07. And we have the same mods. So maybe it's just how you drive it or break it in. I do have more miles on my truck though.

You could always bolt on an '07 exhaust. Not sure if that would help though because I'm running the stock y-pipe and the '07 uses the muffler as the y-pipe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts