Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Titan currently advertises 317 horse power from the factory. Has anyone actually dyno'ed at the advertised 317 HP...I have seen threads 286 around and 320+ after some mods, catback, cai, uprev....am I mistakeing?

Im curious, If nobody hits the 317 mark would that not be false advertisment?

Dont get me wrong I have an 07 and love my truck, but like I said just curious?

·
Registered
65 Posts
288 and 292 before uprev. CAI, Airaid tbs, and catback exhaust.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
well the 317 claimed hp is at the crank, so unless you dyno'ed just the engine you wont get that. Im not sure what hp we have at the wheels, im sure someone will chime in.

·
Registered
41,353 Posts
That goes for all cars.

That advertised HP is engine. most cars lose 15-25% through the drivetrain

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
317 is your engine hp, then your 280 or 288 is your hp at your wheels, or to your crank. Every car loses hp from the amount the motor produces to when it actually turns the wheels.

on a side note, gregory do you have a pic of your titan with the 2.5" leveling kit?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jon_UT said:
317 is your engine hp, then your 280 or 288 is your hp at your wheels, or to your crank. Every car loses hp from the amount the motor produces to when it actually turns the wheels.

on a side note, gregory do you have a pic of your titan with the 2.5" leveling kit?
I do...I will post it when I get home....dont tell anybody but im at work right now screwing around online...SHHHHHHH

·
Registered
41,353 Posts
rgregory1965 said:
I do...I will post it when I get home....dont tell anybody but im at work right now screwing around online...SHHHHHHH
LOL none of us would ever do that!:jester:

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
You will go to hell for lying !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
rgregory1965 said:
sweet can't wait to see the pics

·
Registered
279 Posts
Jon_UT said:

Just to clear this up the advertised numbers are at the crank, what was said bout the 15%-25% loss through the drive line is correct.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts