Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Nissan Titan that I took to the dealer for service. They hit me with two things that needed replacing.

P/S pressure line - $536.82
Rubber Trans cooler lines - $484.80

This seems a little excessive. They did not give me any part numbers to reference. Can anyone point me to the part numbers and what skill level of a job this is?

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Just go to a local auto parts store, they will have everything you need for a few dollars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just give them those two items and they'll know what to give me? Do you know if you need a lift to replace those hoses?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've just replaced mine. I don't remember how much hose I used as I always keep rolls of different size hose on hand. I do believe 5/16 hose was the size and I am sure that 6' should be more than enough.
It is a must to take the grill off which is very easy to do. The best way to figure out how to do it is just get onto youtube and search for "Nissan Titan Grill Removal". The worst hoses are the ones running vertical to the radiator as the spring style hose clamps are crap(be sure to get some worm style clamps when you purchase the hose) and hard to get to.
Take the skid plate off and start following the lines as there are multiple places where they transition from hard line to hose and get it all replaced. If you have changed the Tranny fluid recently then I would take a pair of vice grips and pinch the supply side rubber hose off and do it last so you don't lose any expensive fluid as what is in your Converter will slowly run out. I am sure if you are patient and have the ability to get the spring clamps off the rest is a breeze and you will be able to get it.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
The power steering hose was a pain. I got the whole piece from nissan for about a 80 bucks. It's a high pressure hose and I wouldn't trust piecing it together at some hard ware store. I believe the part number is 49720-7S000

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The power steering hose was a pain. I got the whole piece from nissan for about a 80 bucks. It's a high pressure hose and I wouldn't trust piecing it together at some hard ware store. I believe the part number is 49720-7S000
I'm showing about $200 for that part when I look it up...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hi Preston, I would recommend installing an external transmission cooler that bypasses your radiator. The titan radiator has been known to crack and mix coolant into the transmission fluid and this will ruin your transmission. When I installed my cooler I replaced all of my transmission hoses and even got rid of alot of extra connections where they have hard lines that are not needed. Make sure you use transmission hose and double clamp every connection with fuel line clamps. I spent about 100$ on the cooler, clamps, and hoses. Here is a link to a thread that walks you through the process. Its alot easier than it looks.
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...ooler-sr4588-install-radiator-bypass-mod.html

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts