Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually dont take jobs on craigslist due to overflow of trendy cheap asses, but sometimes the money is good. This one landed me on a interior house painting project where one of the crew happened to clean his paint sprayer out on the upper deck, with my truck below.

Nowhone wants to take the blame for the white paint-&-primer on my beloved auto, so looking for the best chemical solution to clean it off.

Looks like the right side of my Smoke titan is covered in road salt, right after I wash it... Bummed. :bangit:

I've been suggested Lacquer thinner? Skeptical...

·
Registered
369 Posts
Power wash, hand wash, clay bar, polish, wax. in that order.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
claybar, maybe? Not sure.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I would recpmmend a least aggressive to more aggressive approach because there are many variables.
What type of Primer...What type of paint...Has it baked on in the sun...How long has it cured...etc...
1.Start with a small 2ft section and power wash. Check to see the degree of success from power washing alone
2.Next, hand wash same section and check again
3.Clay the same section and check
4.Use a tar remover and check
etc... you get the point... find out which method delivers the best results with the least abrasion to the paint.

Once you have a successful path, then repeat over the entire vehicle

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
an aggressive clay bar

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had something very similar happen to me a few years back, talked with a friend who ran a mobile detailing shop. Much to my surprise, he recommended Nu Finish. I laughed at first and said the stuff from the infomercials?!? Sure enough and that stuff took it off with very little elbow grease. As with anything you do, if you decide to try it, test it out on a small area first. Also, keep it away from any plastic trim and if you do get it on there, use mineral spirits to clean the plastic...

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I had some overspray from my neighbors, and I used some lacquer thinner. Work small areas at a time. It has even removed bedliner overspray too.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Try a clay bar first.

When I clay barred my Mustang, I got tons of red caliper paint overspray off it. Literally turned the clay bar pink from so much overspray.

If all else fails, I heard that this American thing called "court" works really well. lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had a bunch of latex ( I think) roofing over spray on my truck last year. The company that did it had my truck taken to a detail shop where they hand washed and used the clay bar on it. Not only did the overspray come off, but my paint looked like new again. I say use the clay bar.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You guys are great! Thanks for the info I will try some of these methods and post the results!
:redblob"

Skyboi The paint was a Behr product I believe, paint+primer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts