Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always do my own oil changes and was curious if the Titan is one of those trucks that can be a real pain or is it pretty simple. On my Tacoma I have to remove two skid plates with about 12 bolts if you don't want to get oil everywhere. Anything like that on the Titan? Anyone know if the oil and air filter are readily available at auto parts stores or do they have to be purchased at a Nissan dealership?

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
BigSkyLLC said:
I always do my own oil changes and was curious if the Titan is one of those trucks that can be a real pain or is it pretty simple. On my Tacoma I have to remove two skid plates with about 12 bolts if you don't want to get oil everywhere. Anything like that on the Titan? Anyone know if the oil and air filter are readily available at auto parts stores or do they have to be purchased at a Nissan dealership?
The oil filter is about $4.00 at Nissan dealerships. I emailed Fram inc. and they don't have a filter yet. I have changed oil once myself and the link below describes the experience.
http://www.titantalk.com/showthread.php?t=8954&highlight=chute

·
Registered
473 Posts
My first couple of oil changes are free, so I will not be doing them, but having looked at how easy it is, I will do them myself as time goes on.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I ususally have the dealer do the oil changes for the first 30,000 miles or so. They gave me 2 free plus they have a 30 minute or free service. This way I can keep in touch with my service guy and stay current on service bulletins and such. This has worked well for me on my last 5 cars.. Plus I don't get dirty or mess with old oil.

Tony B

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited by Moderator)

·
Registered
3 Posts
One word of advise from experience. If you are going to do your own maintenance use Nissan filters and keep the receipts for the filters and oil, record date and mileage of said service. If you have an engine problem you will get a lot more cooperation if you have this. Being in the biz if I get a vehicle in with an engine issue and no service history the first thing we do is request a proof of the maintenance history. Manufacturers can and do refuse to warranty vehicles if abuse or neglect can be proved. If you can not PROVE you have changed the oil then you have abused and neglected the vehicle!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts