Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty sure I know the answer here. My bfg at kos have about 30k miles on them and are a little over 3 years old. How bad is this dry rot? Summer in Las Vegas is upon me and I feel I'll have to fork out
some money for tires

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

· Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I made sure to include the damaged areas. There is some dry rot there, I know it's hard to see. I just fear tread separation or blow out during the long hot desert summer.

· Registered
3,257 Posts
If it's in the (meat) deep tread, don't worry about it. It's a different story if it's spider crack's ( dry rot) between the tread.

· Premium Member
23,377 Posts
I've driven on BFG AT/KO tires that looked far worse than that. I wouldn't worry about it. It looks like you have maybe 10,000 miles left on the tread.

· Registered
2,437 Posts
You're worried about them now, that means you're aware of their condition, which isn't all that bad. Just keep an eye on them.

· Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That works. They have very fine hairline cracks between the tread, but they are pretty fine. I was hoping to get another 10k out of them. But I was also trying to find an excuse to get new meats. Lol thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.