Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have a guy who washes our cars and upon returning my truck i noticed he had the locking diff button push(ihave a pro4x) guess he must have hit it on accident. i know he drove on the highway for like 5 minutes and then jsut some city streets. Any way truck seemed fine but i never put it in 4wd to check everything. last night i put the truck in 4wd because it was raining pretty bad and it didnt feel right kinda like a humming sound and i could sort of feel something through the floor?!??! what did i mess up guys any ideas? im going on a trip to CO in 3 days and im gonna need my 4wd

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
we have a guy who washes our cars and upon returning my truck i noticed he had the locking diff button push(ihave a pro4x) guess he must have hit it on accident. i know he drove on the highway for like 5 minutes and then jsut some city streets. Any way truck seemed fine but i never put it in 4wd to check everything. last night i put the truck in 4wd because it was raining pretty bad and it didnt feel right kinda like a humming sound and i could sort of feel something through the floor?!??! what did i mess up guys any ideas? im going on a trip to CO in 3 days and im gonna need my 4wd
The diff lock switch did nothing... It will not try to engage unless your T is in 4lo and neutral... Don't know about the noise you're hearing. .

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
unless he was in 4 wheel drive

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2010 titan LE, and last spring when I got it we had a little snow and tried 4-wheel drive I heard a different sound from the front end and felt something different although it seems to work fine, switching in and out of 4 wheel high at all speeds. Tonight we got some snow and was playing with it again all was the same but now I notice with the traction control ON with or without 4 wheel drive I also hear what sounds like the anti-lock breaks when the tires start to spin. Is either one normal? BTW haven't had any other issues, I know I had a Jeep as well and noticed a difference in the feel with the 4 wheel on and off too but no sound difference with it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
im going on a trip to CO in 3 days and im gonna need my 4wd
I don't know were your going, unless your going high up in the mountains, I doubt you will need it very much, I spent the last week of November and the first 2 weeks of December in Denver and the snow that was on the mountains had melted by the time left, its been very warm here during the days.

·
Registered
369 Posts
The anti-lock brake sound is just the traction control doin its job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts