Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can i get the dealer to replace my rearend?

I own a 04 KC with Big tow 30k miles and get intermitent noise from my rear end, i have a concern that i will have a major failure 200 miles from home iI also have recently purchased a 6000lbs camper which is now going to put a increased strain and just started to tow it.

I have mentioned the noise to my dealer but that havnt been able to reproduce it.

any suggestions in a good way to encourage the dealer to replace it?

thanks in advance
Charlie

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Make sure they document it on a Repair Order.. Keep complaining about it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Pull the hell out of that trailer and hope it fails while still under warranty. Don't wait to "use it" until the warranty runs out.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
leave mom and the kids at home -- hook up the trailer and go do some 0-60 runs!-- j/k
Make sure you have all of your Nissan contact numbers and go towin' mine made it 2800 miles before the dealer finally replaced it - I brought it up at the first sight of oil on the axle tube - after both tubes showed a lot of seepage they replaced the rear.....

·
Registered
561 Posts
Fox Delta said:
leave mom and the kids at home -- hook up the trailer and go do some 0-60 runs!-- j/k
That would do it - LOL.

Fox Delta said:
I brought it up at the first sight of oil on the axle tube - after both tubes showed a lot of seepage they replaced the rear.....
Fox has a good point here: I have heard that a lot of members went in as soon as they heard a problem and were taken care of. If this one keeps insisting that they can't help (yet) do you have another dealer in the area that you can call? And have you crawled under the truck to check for leaks at the axle seals? Show them some leakage and I don't see how they can't help... Good luck!

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
I've noticed my axle tubes leaking where they enter the diff, not the axle seals. Do you think they will replace it?

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Just tell them Jenny Craig isn't working for you.... :D

Seriously, though, many have had this done with only an inkling of trouble. If that dealer won't do it, try a different dealer. It's warranty work for them. There's no reason they shouldn't do it if there's a noise in the rear as they still get paid to do the work - just not by you. Keep in their face about it, but don't be pushy. I just hope it doesn't let go on you while you're 500 miles away on vacation with the fam or something.... Good luck!

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
cnaimo said:
How can i get the dealer to replace my rearend?

I own a 04 KC with Big tow 30k miles and get intermitent noise from my rear end, i have a concern that i will have a major failure 200 miles from home iI also have recently purchased a 6000lbs camper which is now going to put a increased strain and just started to tow it.

I have mentioned the noise to my dealer but that havnt been able to reproduce it.

any suggestions in a good way to encourage the dealer to replace it?

thanks in advance
Charlie
I should also add that it either makes noise or it doesn't. The noise may get louder as time goes on but I've never known a rear end to make noise and then cure itself...then make noise again. Keep on them if a new diff is what you;re after but....it sounds like more is going on to me....just an opinion though.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
Simple! rain the gear lube out, and drive the shlt out of it. Then, refill it with the old gear oil and you're done.
You'd better hope the old diff oil already has chunks in it or they don't inspect the fluid. They will surely notice if it is not burned up like the rest of the diff. I have has my fluid examined twice for particulate at my request when I had my axle seals replaced. Nothing was noticed out of line. The OP could request this as well. If there is nothing out of line, his problem is elsewhere.

FWIW I agree with your 2nd post Hudson. A pending diff failure would not be intermittant.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
54warrior said:
I've noticed my axle tubes leaking where they enter the diff, not the axle seals. Do you think they will replace it?
that's where mine was leaking - there were stains about 2 or 3 inches down the tube. But the biggest factor (I think) were the little spots of oil that were sucked up on the tailgate. After about 100 miles of Interstate speeds they showed up really nicely :cheers:

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Smoke05 said:
You'd better hope the old diff oil already has chunks in it or they don't inspect the fluid. They will surely notice if it is not burned up like the rest of the diff. I have has my fluid examined twice for particulate at my request when I had my axle seals replaced. Nothing was noticed out of line. The OP could request this as well. If there is nothing out of line, his problem is elsewhere.

FWIW I agree with your 2nd post Hudson. A pending diff failure would not be intermittant.

LOL..Bring it to my dealer then! It's amazing they don't fill crankcases with washer fluid sometimes!

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
LOL..Bring it to my dealer then! It's amazing they don't fill crankcases with washer fluid sometimes!
LOL.. No thanks! Your not too far from me. I can tell you my dealers name if you want to take the trip down I90.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts