Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to New Orleans next month, and I will have my Harley in the back of the truck. Since I will have stay in a hotel for a couple of days, I am afraid someone may want to take my Titan and my beautiful Harley with one scoop.
Is there anything that I can do to make sure the Titan will not start if someone brake into it???
I have done that to a Maxima that I use to have. I would just disconnect the
spark plugs, but in the Titan, I can not get to the spark plugs.
I thought about disconectiong the battery, but if I do that, than the alarm will
not work.... So, anything else that I can do to disable the truck overnight???

·
Vendor
32,925 Posts
The titan has a built in security system, that is why you MUST use the keys given and get programmed if you need more.

I dont think I have ever read of a Titan gettin stolen by hotwiring. The only one on here was from a punk kid at a dealer that copied his keys while his truck was in and got his sounds stolen.

I would be more concerned about securing your harley than your Titan

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm sure there is. I wish I could remember the name of the system I saw used last.

My girlfriends ex once had one installed on her vehicle where it had a little plug in key under the dash. Remove the key and the vehicle would not start no matter what. He never told her he had it installed, and when they'd get in big fights he'd take the key and leave, and she'd be stranded there until he got home again. It took about 3 months for her to figure out what was going on. It looked like a pretty simple little device he had wired up in there, too.

Have you tried googling vehicle immobilizer or something?

EDIT: Not that you're really looking to spend this much, but surely someone can find a cheaper system: http://www.cardefender.com/inc/sdetail/23

·
Registered
97 Posts
If I were you I would just remove the fuel pump relay. I don't think a thief would sit around and wonder why the truck won't start.

·
Registered
302 Posts
On our F-250 work trucks . We would remove the fuel pump relay from under the hood. And on the dodges you can just remove the fuse going to the ECU.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
There are all sorts of simple ways to keep the truck from leaving. Pull out a master fuse (ie engine) and keep it in your wallet. You can do just the lights fuse, as well. Thief won't be able to get very far before being pulled over by the cops.

Sometimes, you can pry up the fuel cutoff switch, the one that pops up to kill gas in the event of an accident. Push it down and off you go.

Where is the fuel pump in this truck? There's an easy way to cut fuel that way too in many vehicles.

Andrew

·
Registered
246 Posts
ZeroPt99 said:
I'm sure there is. I wish I could remember the name of the system I saw used last.

My girlfriends ex once had one installed on her vehicle where it had a little plug in key under the dash. Remove the key and the vehicle would not start no matter what. He never told her he had it installed, and when they'd get in big fights he'd take the key and leave, and she'd be stranded there until he got home again. It took about 3 months for her to figure out what was going on. It looked like a pretty simple little device he had wired up in there, too.

Have you tried googling vehicle disabling system or something?
I think the system that you are referring to is called silencer.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
When will you be in New Orleans? I work in Houma, I am there every other 7 days. My dad lives near houma, and if you are really worried about it, we could keep it safe.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
While the truck is harder, the bike is easier to steal. All one needs is a wrecker, and you have a bad day. Stay in a hotel with some kind of access control to the parking lot. Back into a TIGHT parking spot. Good Luck

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
The Trunk Monkey is the best anti-theft device by far, Google Trunk Monkey and watch the video demo commercials. The thief won't mess with your truck once they find out you have Trunk Monkey.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Lol trunk monkey.

Alright, simple steps:

1) Brake locks on your Harley. Simple, cheap, effective.

2) Lock the Harley to the bed of the truck. Use cables, not ropes.

3) Pull the fuses like the people said.

4) Set your alarm to go off every two hours. When it wakes up, push your panic button to say "hey! I'm a truck! And my owner is paying attention to my super sensitive alarm!" Should deter anyone in the complex that's got their eye on it.

5) You could always sleep IN the truck.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
moulin6801 said:
I am going to New Orleans next month, and I will have my Harley in the back of the truck.
Is there anything that I can do to make sure the Titan will not start if someone brake into it???
yes...dont go. Sorry i had a friend who went there with his new dirtbike in the back of the truck. Both where ripped off (newer f250 diesel+bike). Finnally got the truck back but bike was long gone. he still had to make the payments for the bike too. its sad some assholes will screw anyone over for thier own benifit. hope they get hit by a train

·
Registered
121 Posts
theres a white plug on your break pedal unplug it and even if they do get your truck started they cant get the shifter out of park

·
Registered
96 Posts
I talked with Nissan reps about this very thing when I bought my truck. According to what I was told, and Ican't recall all of it, but, if you TRY to start it without the original keys, it will lock the truck up tighter than a drum. It has some computerized stuff that really does a good job.

From what I was told, if 3 attempts are made to start it, the truck would have to be hauled into Nissan to be reset. I don't really think you have to worry about losing it, just worry about the bike and the possibility of the truck getting trashed if the attempt were made. Gotta love the security designers..... smile.

P's Titan said:
The titan has a built in security system, that is why you MUST use the keys given and get programmed if you need more.

I dont think I have ever read of a Titan gettin stolen by hotwiring. The only one on here was from a punk kid at a dealer that copied his keys while his truck was in and got his sounds stolen.

I would be more concerned about securing your harley than your Titan

·
Registered
46 Posts
"The Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer System makes it more difficult for anyone to steal your truck without your actual key. A microchip inside the key sends a signal telling the engine to start. Without the key, the chip, and the signal, your Titan won't start."

Wont let me post a link to the page. So google "Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer System" Should come up with a link to it. But im pretty sure your truck is save unless they got the key.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
LoudPipes said:
"The Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer System makes it more difficult for anyone to steal your truck without your actual key. A microchip inside the key sends a signal telling the engine to start. Without the key, the chip, and the signal, your Titan won't start."

Wont let me post a link to the page. So google "Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer System" Should come up with a link to it. But im pretty sure your truck is save unless they got the key.
Mine is an XE with no chipped key. I have the Trunk Monkey and they don't mess with me.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts