Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do a good bit of wheeling and I am always freaked out when I am sideways in a deep rut or sideways on a steep hill. how do I know when to say when? here is a pic from the other day I was scared here but I made it up the hill. lets see your pics or hear your stories. I know I posted these already but I want your feedback before my next post says "well I rolled the titan"

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
If I had a place like that to go offroading, I'd be there every weekend. But to answer your question, I believe there's only one way to find out how far you can go...I just hope you have enough money to fix it after you do. :teeth:

Good luck with your offroading :cheers:

P.S. I want that front bumper you have, but I just can't find it in myself to actually purchase the darn thing. Plus the expense to pay someone for the installation. Maybe, one day:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Not to steal his thunder, but this is another member here that has been rather absent lately.

Attachments

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Juday said:
If I had a place like that to go offroading, I'd be there every weekend. But to answer your question, I believe there's only one way to find out how far you can go...I just hope you have enough money to fix it after you do. :teeth:

Good luck with your offroading :cheers:

P.S. I want that front bumper you have, but I just can't find it in myself to actually purchase the darn thing. Plus the expense to pay someone for the installation. Maybe, one day:rolleyes:
I have rolled my other truck but I did that going around 40-50mph doing some rally racing up a mtn in wy.

I did the install with a friend it was not that hard. I wanted it to be a little stronger so I took it to a welding place and had them weld it in place. I think you could get one for about 500?
here is the link.

http://www.kenmtnac.com/Titan.html

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
I had my RR off the ground once while out doing a "photo shoot" haha. Unfortunately, I was by myself so I didn't get a pic, cause I was too sceered it was gonna flop over. I immediately backed down out of the position I was in and called it a day!!!

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
4wheelpeel said:
THAT IS INSANE!!! I feel much better now!
LOL. If you think that's insane, take a look at what my buddy did in his Ram. There's a 50' drop on the passenger side of the truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Three more......

Attachments

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Wow, I would need a change of underwear if that were my truck. BTW, what kind of tires is that Titan running on the back? Are they Kumho's? They look sweet.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
They were Kumho's, but the specific CORR compound. I wouldn't reccomend them for anyone who drives on the street. They tend to destroy themselves on pavement.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Yellomantis said:
They were Kumho's, but the specific CORR compound. I wouldn't reccomend them for anyone who drives on the street. They tend to destroy themselves on pavement.

Damn, I should have known. I like how the front tires differ from the rears. I guess I'll just keep looking at the BFG M/T KM2's for my next tires.

·
Super Moderator
161,047 Posts
Never come close off road. I've rolled two trucks ON the road though! One Nissan 4x4 and one Toyota 4Runner 4x4.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Thankfully, most people's brown-eye pucker meter triggers a response well before the truck might actually roll. :D

I've been off-roading for a good 15-20 years and have never rolled any of my vehicles. That includes 2 Scouts, 4 Jeeps, an F250, and my Titan.

This was about 10 years or so ago on the Rubicon...

I plan on picking up a new (to me) Jeep in the next month or two, I've been craving rocks since I got rid of my last one. :D

·
Registered
560 Posts

My beater.
93 hardbody.

It came close to flipping ,but I was able to creep it back.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ive gotten close with a couple of my Fj's but never done it. Its pretty sketchy gettin almost sideways in something you drive everyday, thats why you get designated crawler. :)
Heres one of my old crawlers, 1 ton X got pretty close to the wall there.

·
Registered
740 Posts
The dog in the pic does not seem scared. You should take the dog with you everytime you go off road. If he falls out, you have hit the limit. :jester:

Reactions: andys04titan
1 - 20 of 22 Posts