Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How deep have you gone forging a river in a stock (no snorkeler) Titan? The thread with the news paper scan is pretty impressive!

·
Registered
121 Posts
beermunk said:
How deep have you gone forging a river in a stock (no snorkeler) Titan? The thread with the news paper scan is pretty impressive!

Keep the water below the top of the bumper, or you'll be sucking water into the airbox. My filter shows signs of getting wet after a brief adventure where I ended up with standing water over the front bumper. It's also a good idea to know what you're driving into. If you don't know, don't go. If you do decide to chance it you might want to have another vehicle nearby that is big enough to pull you out.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I had to through a nice puddle..went half up my 40's, all the other cars and trucks were smashing on there brakes and getting in the other lane...I didnt hit the brakes and went right through lol...that was fun.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TruWrecks said:
Keep the water below the top of the bumper, or you'll be sucking water into the airbox. My filter shows signs of getting wet after a brief adventure where I ended up with standing water over the front bumper. It's also a good idea to know what you're driving into. If you don't know, don't go. If you do decide to chance it you might want to have another vehicle nearby that is big enough to pull you out.
So keeping the water at the molding level on the doors is a pretty good measure? From what I can see they are an inch or so below the virtual bumper line.

Btw does anyone make a snorkel for the Titan yet?

·
Registered
578 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
^^^yeah it is! but seems to me thats the only design possible? Maybe if you have it color matched it would blend a little better?

I've gotten my front right headlight under water before, water starts pouring in from under the doors! They should really come up with better weather stripping!:jester:
If it had been the left side under then that would have been :crying:

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
beermunk said:
now that is some ambitious off roading - freak'n HEADLIGHT underwater!
not really ambitous, I couldnt convince the little brother to cross the entire water hole by foot to check the depth! best thing to do if you're not sure, grab a stick and poke around first. Seems like it takes the fun outta it but, having to shop vac your truck 3 times to get it dry aint no fun either!:jester:

·
Registered
844 Posts
I've always wondered about this:

What keeps the engine block from cracking when it gets doused by cold water when you're doing this?

Just curious.

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
Had a little water coming through the doors once and it took a while to get the water out and everything dried out...Was in the winter so no help from mother nature...
Kinda fun though...

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
BLBJBranch said:
I've always wondered about this:

What keeps the engine block from cracking when it gets doused by cold water when you're doing this?

Just curious.
No worry there...

No different than running through a car wash that cleans the undercarriage..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Really if you think about it, driving in a cold heavy rain for a sustained period of time couldn't be any better than driving through a deep channel of water for a very short time. Either way there's a lot of water involved around a lot of components.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
That looks like out in Azusa OHV park

·
Registered
103 Posts
This post makes me glad I bought anew one and took advantage of the factory incentives. :)

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
moore101 said:
That looks like out in Azusa OHV park
Great guess. You're right. I've been trying to get a off road meet there for over a year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.