Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid question and I'm pretty sure of the answer but want to be 100%. How do I mount my aftermarket brake rotors correctly since they weren't labeled at all? The slots and cross drill holes are direction so thats my confusion. Looking at the rotor, the slots should start in the center and go out counterclock wise, correct?

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
What brand are they?

I've noticed this also as i've been researching aftermarket rotor's lately. Some companies make the "slot's & dimples" facing in different direction's.

·
Registered
989 Posts
It really doesn't matter unless you have directional cooling vanes.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
To my knowledge, most of them are labeled on the box, front/right front/left etc.

·
Super Moderator
160,806 Posts
On my EBC slotted, if you laid them both on the ground, high side out, the left one has slots that go off clockwise, the right one counter-clockwise.

So in this image, the one on the left would be left, and right is right.

Those pictured are Frozen Rotors, and apparently they're slotted to go the same direction as the EBC, which is the way most I've seen are done.

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The are r1concept premiums drilled and slotted. I'll look again but I didn't notice any markings on the rotors to packaging.

Thanx Carbeaux

·
Super Moderator
160,806 Posts
Unless it specifies otherwise, I'd mount them as mentioned above.

·
Premium Member
58,293 Posts
On my EBC slotted, if you laid them both on the ground, high side out, the left one has slots that go off clockwise, the right one counter-clockwise.

So in this image, the one on the left would be left, and right is right.

Those pictured are Frozen Rotors, and apparently they're slotted to go the same direction as the EBC, which is the way most I've seen are done.
That's the way mine went on as well.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
^^^That's the same way mine are mounted also.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
My EBC's are installed as posted above too. I think that's a unanimous decision. Bill passed...............:bangit:........next on the agenda

·
Frozen Rotors
208 Posts
That is the correct way. Most people fail to remember that there are 'internal cooling vanes' which are directional. The outer slot's are there to dissipate the gasses generated by the brake pads during braking, while the pad wears against the rotor while braking.

Keith

Frozen Rotors - High Performance Brake Pads, Brake Rotors

1 - 11 of 11 Posts