Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an LE King Cab earlier today for $300 over invoice. It came with a sliding floor tray, which I did not want, but the dealer said it was attached to the invoice and he couldn't remove it. Now I want to remove it but can't do it either. The tray removes easily--remove two knobs, tilt and lift. But how do I remove the two plastic rails that slide inside the utilitracks? They hit the tailgate when I try to slide them out. I can't see any obvious way to slide them out. Do I need to remove and reinstall the utilitracks?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I would pull the tailgate off to get them off.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Albert1234 said:
I picked up an LE King Cab earlier today for $300 over invoice. It came with a sliding floor tray, which I did not want, but the dealer said it was attached to the invoice and he couldn't remove it. Now I want to remove it but can't do it either. The tray removes easily--remove two knobs, tilt and lift. But how do I remove the two plastic rails that slide inside the utilitracks? They hit the tailgate when I try to slide them out. I can't see any obvious way to slide them out. Do I need to remove and reinstall the utilitracks?
Open the tail gate and slide them to the rear. Once they hit the bottom edge of the open tail gate, slightly bend the rubbery plastic track guard just enough for it to clear the tail gate. Once started, it will slide out the rest of the way with no prob. It’s kind of like the old orange “Hot Wheels” track. They bend a lot but won’t crease (unless you try real hard).

·
Registered
37 Posts
And don't store those plastic hot wheel tracks too far out of reach - think "load of Mulch" :upsidedow

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The long plastic covers intended to run the entire length of the bottom utilitracks are indeed flexible.

However, I'm trying to remove the two inserts (each approximately 1 foot long) that come with the sliding floor tray. These are made out of solid plastic and don't flex.

I'm going to download the service manual and see if it mentions anything about this.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I RTFM and went out and had another look. Indeed the rails do bend. Removal was a piece of cake. Thanks everyone!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts