Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting the 33" Toyo MTs for a while now. The price is holding me back (over $300 per tire).

I was wondering how they handle in wet roads. I hear that aggresive treads tend to hyroplane easier.

Any input on how they handle at highway speed in the rain?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I can't speak for everyone but my BFG MTs trip the slip light pretty easy on wet roads. Of course, it's probably my fault for mashing the gas a little too much when it's raining.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
well, max traction or mudder tires use a much different rubber compound than most tires, coupled with stiff sidewalls and blocky tread designs, they dont tend to do all that well in the wet overall, but it really comes down to which specific tire

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So basically they do suck in the rain?

I was specifically asking about the Toyos and interested if certain ones do better than others.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
BFG, GY, Dunlap and every MT I have used totally suck in the wet or rain.

I was stunned wen I got Toyo MTs as they actually grip in he rain like an AT and better than any other MT I have ever used. They also perform better on dry pavement, sand, dirt, rocks, basically everything.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
ucf_motorcycle said:
So basically they do suck in the rain?

I was specifically asking about the Toyos and interested if certain ones do better than others.
couldn't agree more with the consensus. my BFG mudders suck @ss on wet roads BUT in a torrential downpour on the highway where people were slowing down to below 40 on the highway cause the water was like 2-5"s thick on the freeway, THE BFG Mudders WERE amazing... i was maintaining 60+ with absolutely zero hydroplaning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts