Nissan Titan Forum banner

What's the best search engine to use to search for the best deal online?

• Yahoo

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Google

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • MSN

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • AOL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How do you find the best car/truck deals online?

Do you go to a favorite site like kbb.com or edmonds.com, do you go to your local dealer's sites, do you go to a search engine and type "best deals" "dealer invoice" Nissan prices" etc. There is no right or wrong answer here. As a dealer I would like to reach a larger audience so more can find us to take advantage of we know are some of the best deals out there. Feel free to elaborate...

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
LOL When shopping for the Titan....I went through the Nissan site...built the way I want and then checked stock of dealers within 75 miles.

but for a general search engine I use MSN as its my homepage and also google.

Chris

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This question may seem only trivial and irrelevant, but think back to when you were searching for the best deals, at that time, this was probably one of your questions, “Where can I find the best deal?” So anyway, please take a moment and give us some feed back so we will know where best to focus our advertising and efforts, making it easier for consumers to find our deals.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thought I would throw my .02 into what I know about New-Nissans.com. Since I am still looking to purchase a Titan, emailed them giving info on model I am looking for. I received a reply within 24 hours with a very attractive price ($500 under invoice with $1500 rebate additional for total of $2000 under invoice). Next day received a phone call from Adam Smith, their internet salesman, very low key, just asking what I thought of their price. He admitted both in email and on phone that the three Titans that fit my requirements were located at other dealerships in the Northwest and still would be sold for the $2000 under invoice (with rebate). I then asked for more info on each truck and received another email listing all info including VIN and build dates. I still passed due to my pickiness on interior colors but was still impressed on dealing with such a straight forward dealership.

BTW, also asked what is their VPP (vehicle price plan) discount price for employees of associated businesses (I work for the UPRR). Adam gave me the straight answer on that (was actually a higher price than their $500 under invoice discount). Local dealer here in Salt Lake wanted to shaft me $1200 over what this discount should allow. Needless to say, local yokels lost any of my future business. Also will get to visit my daughter in Seattle when I purchase from Advantage Nissan (New-Nissan.com)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am currently in the hunt for a new Titan. I have gone to the Nissan site (many times) and built the ideal truck. I have then gone to the sites you mention (plus a few more) to see what the dealer costs are verses the list price. I've also checked the internet dealers i.e. carsdirect and a few others. I keep checking the inventory on the dealers in my area for the truck I want. When I'm ready to buy (end of Oct/personal reasons), I'll try to get the best deal I can on the truck I want.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I did all my research on Edmunds.com. I have done this for the last 3 SUV/Trucks I have bought. You can get a "True Market Value" at Edmunds which calculates in your options, current rebates, and discounts by region. You can also factor in your trade in. Plus you have invoice and MSRP prices for your vehicle and options clearly listed.

Then I went to my local Nissan dealers' web sites and e-mailed them what I was looking for and exactly how much I was willing to pay. One dealers said come in and lets talk but gave no indication if my price was acceptable...the other dealer said looks like the numbers are fine and asked when i wanted to come in and pick my truck.

The internet sales guys at the Nissan dealers know that you've done your research and they will not waste your time negotiating over a few dollars. They just want the sale. My salesman took my printout from Edmunds and took it to his manager. The manager punched in the numbers into his computer and said we had a deal. That simple.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Its so hard to get the BEST PRICE in MY area, Business in this part of the country is REALLY TOUGH!!!! My dealer will sell me one at invoice( so-so deal) but has told me to my face that he dosent want my trade!!!!00 Dakota, oh well, I'll sell it on my own.Then go BEAT UP my dealer!!!!! :teethmast

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm not sure what part of Maine your in but try working a deal online with the dealers in the larger cities like Portland or go down toward Boston if you have to...I'm sure they'd take a trade.

I got my trade value from Edmunds to and after their guys looked at it, they agreed on the trade value of my 00 pathfinder which i thought i'd get lowballed on with the new pathfinder coming out next month...i got my titan on 7/31 and last time i checked my pf is still for sale at the dealer (especially since they jacked up the price 5 grand)...so I'm glad that they took it and gave me a good price on it...I would have taken 2 grand less if i was selling it myself.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My best deal came about by sending all of the dealers in a 200 mile radius of where I live (there were 6) an email that said I had located a truck in their inventory using the Nissan web site and here is the VIN. If they still had the truck in inventory, I was ready to buy within the week (last week of August). I asked them to please email me the best price the could offer on the truck. I listed all of the dealers I emailed so they could see who they were up against. I also told them I would not consider responses that said "Call me with your best deal and I will beat it." I did not mention that I would be buying cash. I received responses within 1 hour from 4 of the dealers, 1 within 24 hours, and never heard back from 1. The end result was that I bought an LE CC for $2,100 under invoice (this includes the cash back). The internet guy at the dealership where I purchased was great. He emailed me within the hour (I think this is important - it means they are serious about internet customers) saying "Look, most of the folks who send emails like this are very aware of the best possible prices that are out there and do not want to play negotiating games" he continued "this is our best price, when can you test drive it?" Wow, I was impressed as he had read my mind. When I went to pick up the Titan he told me he spends far less time with internet customers as they know more about the truck than he does. I was flexible on the color and options as I was looking for a great deal. I have bought my last 4 new cars this way - 2 Dodges, the Titan, and a BMW - it has worked extremely well each time. The last advice I could give is to NEVER fall in love with the car you want to buy until you own it...this will save you lots of $$.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts