Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
This is something you can do yourself, with a hair dryer and fishing line!!

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Haha, nah he's trying to rip you off. You can do it for free yourself, just keep reading these forums. Although I really don't get the desire to debadge cars, seems kinda ricey to me...but anyway, it's not my truck! :cheers:

·
Registered
418 Posts
I think all ya gotta do is heat em up with the hairdryer, and slowly work the fishin line between the emblym and the truck.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
wow 100 bucks? i should put an ad in the paper as a car/truck "debadger". 20 bucks an emblem!!

but yeah, its easy to do yourself. One of my friends did it the blowdyer and floss way. Seems simple enough.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Yeah you can just heat it up with a hair dryer, then use a piece of fishing line to get the letters off, and then you get to scrub the rest of the glue off with goo gone.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Hey man. Dont pay that, that is bogus. Like others said you can do the hair-dryer fishing line technique or I just did mine and used a pressure washer first. Just spray all around the badge and get it the goo tape underneath soaked. Then I wrapped a shop rag around a plastic trowel and pride the emblem off and most of the tape came off. I did both ways and find the power washer and trowel works best. But either works! Good luck and just be patient.

·
Registered
250 Posts
RckyMtnTitan said:
and just be patient.

yes this is key you dont want any crappy scratches left over when your done be very careful and patient

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just like everyone else said, its a easy DIY. I used waxed dental floss instead of fishing line. The wax on the dental floss makes it a little easier. Either will work great.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Listen... After you heat and use the fishing line.....
1. Put the adhesive remover on and let it sit to work
2. Wipe and loosen any adhesive that will come off easily
3. Reapply more adhesive remover, let it sit, wipe loosen, and coninue this process till it's all gone

NO HARSH SCRUBBING... LET THE ADHESIVE REMOVER DO THE WORK.

I used to own a detail center if that helps. Do it your selfers used to make me money! Be Gentle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts