Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got some leds to put in tailgate lights. popped off the whole rear light...and it looks like its in a clear casing. does this come apart to put new led light in? i dont want to break anything. and instructions would be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
423 Posts
I"m not sure what lights you're talking about...I don't have any lights on my tailgate that I know of..

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when u lower the tailgate they are on the sides...part of the brake lights. white lights i want to replace with LED's.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
You unscrew the taillight and you pop it out. You'll see 4 different bulbs in there. Your brake light will be on top, then your turn signal bulb, then your tailgate light will be in there at an angle, and then the bottom will be your reverse light. Twist the connector a quarter turn (I can't remember which way) and it will come out. Pull the old bulb straight out. Put the new LED bulb in there. And reassemble as before.

Here's a hint for you. LED bulbs have polarity (positive/negative) so you may have to reverse them and wiggle them around to make contact where they need to. After you remove the stock incandescent bulb, I'd go and turn the cargo lights on manually from the inside of your truck (or open a door) and then play with the bulb until it lights up. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks man. ill do so when i get off work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts