Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing LT headers this weekend and wanted to start spraying the manifold nuts with pb blaster. It looks like both manifolds are covered with heat shields? Is this right? I thought just the cats would be covered, not the whole manifold...how are you guys spraying the manifold nuts?

2015 CC, 4x4.

Thanks,
-Mike

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
71,590 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. are there screws connecting the heat shield that need to be removed before cutting? Any suggestions on how best to access them for cutting and or screw removal?

-Mike

·
Premium Member
20,950 Posts
Yes, there are 3 or 4 bolts holding the heat shields on. I was able to take mine off without cutting them. Don't worry about cutting them if it comes to that. You won't reuse them anyhow with the LT headers.

Reactions: nightowl

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how do you access the bolts holding the heat shield on? Im going to be doing the header install with a lift at my friends shop but I have no way of getting the vehicle up in the air before Saturday. Can I do this from inside the engine compartment, or do I need to access them from under the truck?

Thanks,
-Mike

·
Premium Member
20,950 Posts
Take the wheel well liners off, then you can get to the heat shields.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
also, what size wrench is needed for the heat shield bolts?. any special kind of wrench?

Separate question, what size allen wrench do I need to buy to get the plugs into the bottom hole on the JBA LT headers? Its big....Should I put anti seize on the plugs?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Yes on the anti seize on the bung plugs in the headers. Can't remember the size, but I just grabbed the biggest wrench in my metric kit and it fit. There are plenty of threads describing what tools you need for header install if you just search.

·
Premium Member
20,950 Posts
I think the heat shield bolts are either 8 or 10 mm. You only need to work one end, not both.

New sensors should come with anti-seize already. Don't add more. I replaced my sensors instead of using the old ones.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts