Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you verify that a Titan has had a 2* advance done on it? My truck feels different than it does when I got it last year. During the summer they followed the instructions I provided for the 2* advance but was never 100% sure since they didn't give me a before and after timing value and when I asked what it currently was set to I didn't get much of a usable answer.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I think your best bet is either going to a dealer and asking what your timing is set at, or finding someone with a tuner.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Somebody with Cipher could read it to verify, just not set it.

·
Registered
761 Posts
with the BD you can check options on the truck, and it will show idle and if you have an advance.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm getting a bullydog. How will it tell me? I assumed it would just indicate my current value - say 17*. Is the 2008 factory default 15* or so?

·
Registered
716 Posts
worst case, just reset your truck to normal, then redo the advance along with the tunes and whatnot.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
How do you verify a 2* advance?

BD: AKA Butt Dyno. You can feel the 2 degree down at the bottom of 2nd gear.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I'm getting a bullydog. How will it tell me? I assumed it would just indicate my current value - say 17*. Is the 2008 factory default 15* or so?

when you go into settings screen, you will see the advance either at -2, -1, 0, 1, 2.

so if it says 2, means you have +2 from factory, so yes the advance is on your truck already.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts