Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't there a TSB about adjustable cam bolts saying if they needed them they would be covered. I know with the leveling kit it's a mod and probable not covered, but just a thought.
TSBs don't give you free parts, they just tell you what you have to pay for. As far as I know the dealer won't give them to you for free.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
just a good reason to not level your truck the way I see it. But i dont like the leveled look personally.

my truck was built in january 06', maybe I shoudl take a look to see if they are present or not, might give good idea when they stopped installing at factory.

how can you tell if they are the adjustable or straight? im assuming you can tell by looking at the head of the bolt and if it has that oblonged shape washer looking thing (im going by the pic. in the manual, have not looked under truck)

·
Registered
3,728 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
zkeys, don't waste your money on a $300 LCA when you don't need one. Just hammer the bugger out. You shouldn't be pressing it out, I bet the press is what damaged your LCA. If you just tap them with a hammer, they will come out.
Trust me man, they are not coming out. I have tried, and 2 mechanics have tried. Nothing. I am to the next step with it.

I do not have a need to do it just yet but I am considering upgrading to a PRG extended travel kit. When I do that I am going to do the LCA as well. It will save me from a $300 alignment again.

The LCA can be purchased for about $85 in my area from a junkyard. The new one on my driver side was from an 08 Titan with 5K miles on it. It was spotless for $85.

·
Registered
566 Posts
how can you tell if they are the adjustable or straight? im assuming you can tell by looking at the head of the bolt and if it has that oblonged shape washer looking thing (im going by the pic. in the manual, have not looked under truck)
You answered your own question! It is pretty easy to tell. The stock bolt is just a bolt, regular washer, and a nut.

The cam bolt is a bolt with an offset head and an offset washer. And a nut of course.

See pic below of cam bolts. Courtesy of PRG.

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Shouldnt the place that did your alignment have notified you that they could not get your truck into specs. and recommended the bolt kit at that time?
You would think so. This is the reason I did not go back to them.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
I have done 2 sets now so I can say its pretty easy, one thing I did notice is that the Rear LCA mount will move when you pull the bolt out so I found using a ratchet strap makes it easy to line the hole back up so you don't have to pound the new bolt back in risking messing the threads up. Yournissanparts.com has the whole kit for $65 that's where I got mine from.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I have done 2 sets now so I can say its pretty easy, one thing I did notice is that the Rear LCA mount will move when you pull the bolt out so I found using a ratchet strap makes it easy to line the hole back up so you don't have to pound the new bolt back in risking messing the threads up. Yournissanparts.com has the whole kit for $65 that's where I got mine from.
Thanks, I took a good look and it certainly looks easy enough.

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Thank's guy's! I'm going to order some right now.

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
I called a dealership & they told me their $15 per bolt & $3something for the disk's & they'd have to order them. So, he said around $75

I found these, but i think the price is for only 2 of them.
RockAuto Parts Catalog

Would a set for an '08 work on a an '05?

* nevermind i ordered them from PRG. $69 Total :)

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Took it in to get aligned, the toe was out but the camber was within specs (near 0 on the right but 0.9 on the left, which seemed strange). I talked to Greg at PRG and just ordered a set. I'm hoping the shop cuts me a brake on another line up after installing them. I could let it go but I am too anal for that.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I am reviving an OLD thread instead of starting a new one. There is good information in this thread. Does anyone have a picture of where these bolts are on the LCA. For a 2WD vehicle how many bolts do you need?

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
2 bolts per side (driver and passeger) one in the front and one in the rear of the LCA, regardless of 2wd or 4wd, they are the main bolts that hold the LCA onto the frame. This is a picture of an adjustable cam bolt, notice the offset washers

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I just thought about this for a second. You need the adjustable camber bolts for the rear of a 2WD? When I had the alignment done last time they didn't even touch the rear tires.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
nope, no cambolts in the rear, rear end is a solid axle. Anything you do it, it just moves it up and down so no camber, caster or toe in.

·
Premium Member
19,555 Posts
No, two bolts go in each LCA. One in the front of the LCA and one in the back of the LCA. There are two points where the LCA mounts to the frame and that is where the camber bolts go.

·
Premium Member
68,614 Posts
Sensors are put on the rear tires to check the thrust angle, even if the rears are not adjustable.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts