Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have achieved the feat of getting 15.5 to 16 mph consistently city. I use my cruise control to coast to a stop and accelerate, and hardly ever over 2k rpm. I have a k&n CAI and do most my driving in Panama City beach. I have a 2wd non BT crew cab titan. Gas Milage can be achieved with dicipline. And I fill my tank till after the auto shutoff every time, till gas overflows a little bit and spits at me. I don't know what I get highway yet, cause I don't highway drive much. I'm also on 20 inch rims with street tires. It's so crazy. Like everyone tells me I'm driving a gas hog and It isn't hurting my wallet more than my old frontier v6 did!(which I had to stomp alot to get power out of) sorry about my poor post structure. But, honestly gas Milage doesn't worry me much, it's really not that expensive. I spend far more in food and beer than I do to feed my titan. So buying a titan is a weight loss and fitness strategy. Who knew!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I dunno, mine is sitting at 16.8mpg (14L/100km) and I don't do any of that stuff. The mileage is exactly the same as my ecoboost f150 was (okay my ecoboost was .2mpg better). That's my lifetime average so far, which includes a fair bit of towing (about 3000lbs at a time cause it's firewood wood collection time!).

Ian

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
If I was worried about gas mileage I'd have a Prius. More power to you getting the mileage you want, but I'd rather have fun and get 12 MPG.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If I was worried about gas mileage I'd have a Prius. More power to you getting the mileage you want, but I'd rather have fun and get 12 MPG.
Couldn't have said it any better! I want to enjoy my T

·
Registered
241 Posts
I drive a Crew Cab 4x4 with BT in the N.E with very few level flat roads and I'm getting 16.3 according to my Fuel-up app. This is a mix of highway and city but probably on the 80/20 fix of city/hwy. I'm happy with this. My 02 Dodge Ram with 4.7 v8 was getting 12mpg..

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
It's bad for the evap system to purposely overfill your vehicle.

If I wanted to drive my T like a grandma because I was so paranoid about mpg, I would get rid of the T and get a bicycle.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have achieved the feat of getting 15.5 to 16 mph consistently city. I use my cruise control to coast to a stop and accelerate, and hardly ever over 2k rpm. I have a k&n CAI and do most my driving in Panama City beach. I have a 2wd non BT crew cab titan. Gas Milage can be achieved with dicipline. And I fill my tank till after the auto shutoff every time, till gas overflows a little bit and spits at me. I don't know what I get highway yet, cause I don't highway drive much. I'm also on 20 inch rims with street tires. It's so crazy. Like everyone tells me I'm driving a gas hog and It isn't hurting my wallet more than my old frontier v6 did!(which I had to stomp alot to get power out of) sorry about my poor post structure. But, honestly gas Milage doesn't worry me much, it's really not that expensive. I spend far more in food and beer than I do to feed my titan. So buying a titan is a weight loss and fitness strategy. Who knew!
The frontier has exactly the same or slightly less real world mpg.
I know because I owned an 07 frontier before my T.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah. I drive grandma most the time. But it's really interesting. It seems to get good Milage. I mean, I need my truck for my dirt bikes, quads, boat and surfboards.and I do have a little fun sometimes, just not all the time. The utility is worth it. Saving money for mods and more toys is worth it. (Plus I prolly end up spending like over 1k a month maintaining all my crap, BOAT means break out another thousand) so a car just won't do, and I love my Titan. It's quick and makes great to camp in. Idk, it's my first real truck coming from a frontier. I'm just proud I can squeeze such Milage from it when I feel like it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I know my driving is why i only get 9.8 MPG in town but the intake sound and the power are just sooo good.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I average right around 15 myself, but a fair amount of my commute is on the interstate. That'll drop when winter blend kicks in though.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have an 09 Crew Cab with BT, 20's with off road tires and can get 15-16mpg if driving easy, I average 10-12 from hauling/towing things and enjoying the sound of my truck!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a 2004 Nissan Titan BT 4X4 O.R. and cold air intake. Currently I have LT 265/70r17's on, but will have LT 285/70r17 in the next week. I average 15.5 in city and 17.5-18.5. On the low end, I get 14.5 due to stop and go AZ traffic. When I fill up, I let it go until it stops, wait 10 seconds, wait until it stops one last time. Using fuel injector cleaner every 1k miles or so helps and using Stp fuel additive does too.

·
Premium Member
77,788 Posts
I've been getting that in my small town as long as have owned mine. And while I don't stomp on it a lot, I don't really baby the accelerator. :dunno:
No lift, 2wd, and street tires help, I'm sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts