Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying I refuse to give the dealership a dime. This will be my second set of manifolds. First set cracked at 60k. Second just cracked at 92k. No reason to go with another defective Nissan manifold. I opted for the Bear River manifolds. Backed by a 5yr or 100k warranty. I am getting them installed for $1200.00 total parts/labor. I thought this was a pretty good price since the dealer wanted $1600.00 + tax to do the job. I think this is a pretty good deal. Has anyone had any experience with Bear River products.

Thanks

Al

2005 le off road big tow

·
Registered
185 Posts
I paid $280 for labor plus the price for the Doug Thorley headers (both sides)... Hope that helps

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
You are getting ripped hard! Go to a homeboy's muffler shop and offer them $3-500 for the complete swap... If you are 2X4, it's a piece of cake, if you're 4X4, it'll be a bit more knuckle scraping but should still be easy... Where are you located anyways? If you aren't in CA, it's better to get performance headers and B Pipes to permanently fix the possibility of future manifold failures...

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Listen to these guys.. Get longtube headers (shorties require welding), some Berks midpipes for less than $1000. If you live close I would put in for you. $1200, that's to much dough for manifolds with questionable cats..

L

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The labor charge is 500 and the manifolds are 700. Yea it is a 4x4 and I'm from PA

The one think I like is the 5yr warranty. What is the warranty on the headers?

Thanks for the responses

Al

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
The labor charge is 500 and the manifolds are 700. Yea it is a 4x4 and I'm from PA

The one think I like is the 5yr warranty. What is the warranty on the headers?

Thanks for the responses

Al
I've yet to hear of aftermarket header failures, other than ceramic flaking and rusting on DT LT's... if you'll feel better with a 5 yr warranty that has loop holes for them to still fahk you within three years, go for it... But I (personally) believe you are buying high priced OEM style manifolds/cats that will still be prone to failure just like Nissan OEM product, and the "shop" that will do the swap is fahking you hard because thry are going by the time from the maintenance manual, vs. real wrenching time... I just think you are paying big bucks for a false sense of "warranty"... To each, his own... It's your money...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts