Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rolled over 64k and my fronts are still in pretty good shape. I haven't even bothered to look at the rears yet.

I would say that about 65% of those miles are hwy.
I'm impressed. I've never owned a vehicle that went more than 30-40k with out eating rotors.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I've got over 50k on my factory brake. Had them checked last week and they are in good shape. The mechanic estimates that I should get at least 70k out of them.

Some on here have posted about only getting 24-35K out of their factory brakes. I guess I'm just easy on them.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I'd say I still have at least 50-60% left on my pads and I've got 32k miles on them. Driving style will have a huge impact on your brake life, anticipating traffic so you use your brakes as little as possible and doing lighter, longer braking when stopping will go a long way. Once stopped, letting up on the brake pressure and rolling a few inches (and only using as much pedal pressure that's needed to keep the truck stopped) will also help prevent pad imprints on the rotors which can cause judder.

·
Registered
394 Posts
i have 42K and i jsut replaced the pads and had the rotors turned....

no idea if they were done before i bought it (at 30K)

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Just hit 28k and I looked the other day while I was getting tires put on and I'd say there is at the very least least another 30k in them if they continue to wear like they do. It probably helps that there are few hills out here and alot of it is highway driving.

·
Registered
56 Posts
when my '04 was totaled last September, I had just over 80,000 miles on it. I asked the dealer/service to check them every time I went in for services. Every time they told me they were good to go. The last service, at about 78,000, the service tech said he figured I still had 10-12K left on them. Worked out good for me! ;) Just wish I could have kept the '04. Dang good truck.

Not complaining though . . . '08.5 Pro-4X ain't too shabby. :)

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
when my '04 was totaled last September, I had just over 80,000 miles on it. I asked the dealer/service to check them every time I went in for services. Every time they told me they were good to go. The last service, at about 78,000, the service tech said he figured I still had 10-12K left on them. Worked out good for me! ;) Just wish I could have kept the '04. Dang good truck.

Not complaining though . . . '08.5 Pro-4X ain't too shabby. :)
That is awesome for an '04!
Mine were done many times and i finally put the slotted rotors and ceramic pads on after the warranty ran out..

My old 2000 silverado didn't have to have brakes until 145K and it was the back brakes that went first...:huh:

That's the only thing that i missed about that truck..

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
The originals? Ohhh.... About 9,000 miles. I had the brake judder problem. The replacement pads and rotors then lasted 'til 73,000.

There is never a set mileage though on how long brake pads and rotors are going to last. It all depends on how much the brakes are used. 2 people with 50,000 miles...One with a lot of stop and go driving...The other with a lot of highway miles... The guy doing a lot of stop and go driving is going to have a lot less pad/rotor life.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
I just replced Front and back pads on my 05 with 52K. The outside pads where worn down, but still had some life on the back and inside still had a lot of life. The fronts where still pretty good too. I thought I had heard them squeaking so I was going to change out the front pads (Duralast Gold C-Max), then I found a set of brand new OEM rear pads for $40 on ebay and bought those. It turned out that I didn't need to replace them yet, but oh well, trucks stops better now with the new pads.

·
Registered
39 Posts
31,400 and have warped rotors ('06 Crew Cab/2wd).......

Frozen rotors and Hawk pads in the garage at home waiting for the install.... ;)

·
Premium Member
57,766 Posts
I upgraded my brakes at 60K. They could have easily gone another 30K.

·
Registered
34 Posts
100K on my '04. Traded it in before doing them.
At 83K they said I was 80% worn.
Full replacement was done at 6K due to the judder.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I had mine checked yesterday...just hit 56,750 miles...and they have about 80% left. Most of my driving is highway so that probably is why.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, I like posting on really old threads.

I just got back from getting my tires rotated at Firestone. I asked them to inspect my brakes, figuring I certainly must need new brakes by now. Nope. They said they look good. I have over 100,000 miles on the original brakes (2008 long bed) and apparently they're still plenty good. Blows my mind, but cool.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I got about about 45K on the fronts and 80K on the rears, was doing a lot of stop and go driving when i first got the truck. I've had the front rotors on since 7K when I had the brake fix done so I got 83K on them so far and the rears are original. I'm starting to get a little shutter under harder braking now so it might be about time to replace the fronts. I've been more then happy with the brakes after I got the fix done. I had a Dodge that couldn't keep roters for 20K.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts