Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2012 Titan that just turned 92k, this truck is in great condition and has had every factory recommended service performed at a Nissan dealer, I love this truck. I am now wondering if I should trade it in or keep driving it. I have had no issues with this truck other than a cracked exhaust manifold at 78k that was covered under warranty. Can this truck go 200k? I just don't want to be nickeled and dimed to death on repairs. Thank you!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Over your next 100k miles you will very likely need to address cracked manifolds, front hub replacement, and radiator replacement. There will also be other things, as is the case with any vehicle from 100k to 200k miles.

If you do your own work, the hubs and radiator are not expensive repairs. The exhaust manifolds more involved. I did the full exhaust and Uprev through Cajun and it was money well spent that has made the truck a lot more enjoyable to drive.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Look up Cajun, they are one of our site sponsors. They have package deals and great customer service. Oh by the way, these trucks are easily getting 200k to 300k miles. I just broke 140k on my 07 and it runs like a champ.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
Cajun exhaust and UpRev custom tune will add 70-75 HP to your truck. It is a joy to drive with 398HP and that deep throaty exhaust sound!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
300,000 to 500,000 easy if your taking care of it like you are enjoy the extra money a month. I have a 2012 with 100,020 miles on it I bought it used and have really redone the entire front suspension and rear shocks. That is not normal for the Titan so I was a little upset and my front bearing seal is leaking getting fixed this Friday. I still wouldn’t trade the truck for any as the transmission and engine are rock solid. Just had Blackstone Labs test my oil and said my Titan was perfect at 100,000 miles and even though recommended oil change is 5,700 for these engines they said I could go 7,000. Check your transmission cooling line into radiator the clips come loose and sometimes the hose rots out. That could blow your transmission. Put worm clips on it if you can. Manifolds will go again at some point I have been wanting to add another two hanger supports up front because I think it’s a weight issue with the 4 cats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies! I will check out Cajun exhaust, I am going to keep this truck!

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
If you don't dislike the truck or need something different, is it worth a new truck payment to get rid of it? That always discourages me. My truck is starting to show its age, but every time I look at a new one I just remember my only payments now are gas and maintenance. At my current maintenance costs of less than a thousand a year it's hard to justify a new one. 200k is easily achievable for these trucks as long as they're maintained.

·
Registered
65 Posts
2013 SV with 118k miles - used mostly on oil & gas pipeline projects. This truck gets rattled to death on a daily basis and is always pulling weight. Speed limit up here is 80mph so I'm going FAST. I tow dump trailers and skid steers and travel trailers with it regularly. Non-BigTow package too. I'm not super on top of the maintenance but it does eventually get done. Didn't touch the trans fluid until 100k but it didn't even seem to be bad. Oil changes at 5-7k or when burnt looking. It idles a good part of the day too.

Problems so far have been very minor. So far I just had a crack develop behind the lower radiator mount. I welded that thing shut with red hot needle nosed pliers, JB water weld putty, and half a bottle of stop leak and proceeded to drive 600 miles straight with zero drips. Small tiny power steering fluid seep but not even worried just top it up every 6months. Also the bolts rattled out of the front drive shaft once due to straight up abusive conditions. And the ignition got dirty and wouldn't start but I just cleaned it with electronic lock cleaner and now its perfect. 4x4 wouldn't engage but fine now after new fluid. I'd attribute that to abusive conditions dusty and horrendous washboard. Its coated in mud or salt 98% of the time. I did put Radflo coilovers, Icon shocks, and some beefy wide 33 inch tires on it immediately after purchase though which probably took some of the vibration out. With a 3 inch lift, heavy heavy wheels/tires, and a camper shell I'm averaging 14.5 mpg which is about what my 2018 f150 ecoboost gets in the same conditions. This truck has surprised me and I hope to put another 118k on it, and then maybe another. It doesn't feel like a tired old truck it feels new. I cannot believe the front end hasn't fallen apart yet if this was a Chevy I'd be on a third or fourth set of ball joints by now but the Titans are still fine. Don't baby it you don't have to.

On an unrelated note, a guy got over 1 million miles on his Tundra and he reported using it just like i use mine. Boarderline absuive. He was an oilfield hotshot always with a payload or trailer. Original transmission too. Toyota actually bought the truck back from him for research. I hope Nissan will want to do the same with mine. Use the truck hard and I think it'll wear like it was intended during abusive R&D testing... more even wear patterns than an truck that doesn't ever break 3k rpms? My truck is constantly pedal to the metal...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
I have a 2005 I purchased new. Just rolled over 135k. As others have mentioned, there are things here and there, but sure beats a $600 payment EVERY month.

·
Registered
177 Posts
My 05 CC is at 203K.
Did 150k in its first 3 years, then basically sat for 6 years (less than 1500 miles a year in those years).

I'd be on a third or fourth set of ball joints by now but the Titans are still fine. Don't baby it you don't have to.
Im only on my second set of ball joints, but this thing eats wheel bearing / hub assemblies.
I think I am on the 3rd set in 50k. Nice thing about the MOOG ones is the three warranty, so i've only had to buy 2.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2007 with 180k miles and it runs like a champ. Put in about $5000 over the past year and a half(paint/all fluids/minor repairs). Sure beats a truck payment.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Over your next 100k miles you will very likely need to address cracked manifolds, front hub replacement, and radiator replacement. There will also be other things, as is the case with any vehicle from 100k to 200k miles.

If you do your own work, the hubs and radiator are not expensive repairs. The exhaust manifolds more involved. I did the full exhaust and Uprev through Cajun and it was money well spent that has made the truck a lot more enjoyable to drive.
I sure hope not with my '19. My 2000 GMC Sierra went 200,000 miles before I sold it and never saw a mechanic. I did the preventative maintenance myself. It still had 50% of the brake pads at 200,000 miles.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've got 193k on mine. Has been from Florida to DC to North Carolina and I will soon have it in Texas. Very few repairs, probably less than $2k. Mostly normal maintenance items. Others are right, motor and transmission are great. Do your maintenance and any needed repairs (which should be few and far between), & the Titan should serve you for years to come.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts