Nissan Titan Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mine did something interesting the other day. When my light came on it read 47 mile to go, I was about 10 or so miles from the nearest gas station.
We it go down to about 38 miles, the screen started reading ---- to go.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Mine did something interesting the other day. When my light came on it read 47 mile to go, I was about 10 or so miles from the nearest gas station.
We it go down to about 38 miles, the screen started reading ---- to go.
ours came on with reading 30 to go, and it went ---- 10 miles later

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
ive ran out of gas in the truck once, and that was because i hadn't got the recall done yet, the needle stuck above E, so i thought i was fine. Before i got the recall i always went 80+ miles after the light came on. Now that i got the recall, im scared to go past E, since the recall recalibrated the gauge, idk if theres still 6 gal under my E. :p looks like a test run is coming up pretty soon! :teethmast

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Later next week, I will see what I can get on a full tank with my stillen headers put on. my guess is not that much :coolsmile

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
I ran out of gas around 29 miles in stop and go traffic, 2 blocks from my gas station.

·
Registered
86 Posts
This tread is a little old but before I re-geared I was getting 80 +/- miles after the light came on. I could go 370 miles on a tank with easy driving.
I could drive from the north end of Las Vegas to the south end of Phoenix AZ. and still have some left @350 miles.

·
Banned
473 Posts
This tread is a little old but before I re-geared I was getting 80 +/- miles after the light came on. I could go 370 miles on a tank with easy driving.
I could drive from the north end of Las Vegas to the south end of Phoenix AZ. and still have some left @350 miles.
Well [email protected] you're just going to leave me hangin and not say what it is after the re-gear?! :teeth:

·
Registered
745 Posts
The largest fill-up in my Armada was 26.645 gallons. I think I let it go to maybe 40 miles pas the warning light but if the reserve is the same on my truck perhaps it was more.

As far as gas mileage my best is 15.7 MPG but I average 12.2 MPG.

On the Armada boards there are people who claim 17 - 20 MPG and typically they have 2WD. Even if you are not using 4WD I think the extra weight of the system cuts down on the gas mileage.

I wouldn't be able to get close to 17 unless I shut the engine off! :crying::

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well [email protected] you're just going to leave me hangin and not say what it is after the re-gear?! :teeth:

I re-geared in December and haven't done any distance traveling yet, just around town.

I was getting 14mpg avg. now I get 12mpg avg.

I only have 32" tires and mostly use the gearing for towing not for larger tire size compensation.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have about 37k on my truck, the light has come on maybe 3 times? Normally have a 1/4 tank or more when I fill up. I think running it down is has to be bad for the pump, nut enough fluid to keep it cool.
Not sure if that is true but would rather not run it low a bunch to find out :)

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
27.1 gallons is my largest fill-up. Took 5 guys and a bed full of tailgating gear to Richmond VA for a race and back. Ran 75 both ways and had to deal with race traffic. Close to 400 miles if i remember correctly. Ill be doing the trip again this year.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.