Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I'm just over 25,000 and my fronts are totally gone! Rears are like brand new yet. My pads are already on order!

·
Registered
484 Posts
I had the judder fix on my 04 at around 24,000. I am 65,000 now and I am swapping out the rotors and pads for the Stillen Sport rotors and pads.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
33k and my fronts are gone.
Trying to con nissan into a free set right now...

·
Registered
184 Posts
26,000 for the factory installed brakes. Got about 28,000 more after the "FINAL" fix from Nissan. Switched to the EBC's at about 54,000.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Ordered my EBC's but not happy with the service so far. 2 weeks, nothing. Call them, "they're backordered."

"Why was I not informed?"

"We're having trouble with our email."

"Bullshít!!!!"

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. That's bullshít! You have my address, phone number, if email was down, you could have notified me it was backordered. And if it's backordered, why was my credit card already charged?"

I now call them every day.

This could get interesting......

Sorry to hijack... just needed to rant.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
I had the brake job done at 12k and mine are fine still at 40k

Sorry to hear about your EBC's BB.

·
Premium Member
58,344 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
Don't apologize. This information is very useful. I was considering EBCs. Now I’d like to know how things turn out before I order anything.

·
Premium Member
3,585 Posts
grnTitan04 said:
33k and my fronts are gone.
Trying to con nissan into a free set right now...
I went 35K or so on my original 04 brakes without the judder. If you haven't had the 05 fix yet, you might try just explaining to the service manager that you need to have the brake judder TSB done. My SM straight up asked me if I've had the fix done and when I said "no", he ordered the parts and I got a free brake job. Not all SMs are total jerks, good luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
6500K.......:flame:

·
Super Moderator
37,044 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
Ordered my EBC's but not happy with the service so far. 2 weeks, nothing. Call them, "they're backordered."

"Why was I not informed?"

"We're having trouble with our email."

"Bullshít!!!!"

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. That's bullshít! You have my address, phone number, if email was down, you could have notified me it was backordered. And if it's backordered, why was my credit card already charged?"

I now call them every day.

This could get interesting......

Hey Blacky, What are EBC's?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Titan1080 said:
I went 35K or so on my original 04 brakes without the judder. If you haven't had the 05 fix yet, you might try just explaining to the service manager that you need to have the brake judder TSB done. My SM straight up asked me if I've had the fix done and when I said "no", he ordered the parts and I got a free brake job. Not all SMs are total jerks, good luck!
Which is what i tried first, because I actually am starting to get the judder, but I have been out of warranty for 8 mo or so. They aren't thrilled about it. I have talked to 2 area service managers and still no decision. The dealer is like forget it, but all I actually want are the rotors, I can buy my own pads and I am willing to install it all myself.

Oh, also sorry to Hijack the thread...

·
Registered
897 Posts
Since I got 107K out of my Hardbody before doing brakes and have over 103K on my Maxima and still on the originals, I see no problem with going at least 80K on the Titan.

I have 20K now and truck is almost 2 years old, I should make it at least 8 years before doing brakes. And I do a lot of towing.

·
Registered
978 Posts
i have 22K since the judder fix, and there is plenty of pad left, in fact it looks like it has hardly wore at all, i'm expecting to at least get 60K out of them.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Wildmike said:
Since I got 107K out of my Hardbody before doing brakes and have over 103K on my Maxima and still on the originals, I see no problem with going at least 80K on the Titan.

I have 20K now and truck is almost 2 years old, I should make it at least 8 years before doing brakes. And I do a lot of towing.

the plus 100k on pads doesn't surprise me at all. You probably do a lot of highway driving. I had a Ford Explorer that i bought new and sold at 180K, it still had the original front pads and rotors on it, with the rears needing replacement at 165K. That is true, rears replaced before fronts! Never a problem with the brakes in 7 years owning the vehicle, 85% of that was highway miles, so that helped.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After I got the factory repair, I have not had any brake problems. I now have 74,000 miles and I expect to get at least a 100,000 miles before I need any brake work. I do more driving than stopping. Pete

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just did my rear brakes today. 35,423 miles. Fronts were replaced at 18,000 with the judder fix. Not sure why they didn't replace all the pads when they did that, but it's not like it is hard to do. I am just concerned that the pads wore out after less than 36,000 miles! My son has a 2000 Malibu that had a similar judder problem and was fixed at 22,000 miles. It has the very same pads it had at that point and they still have about half of their life left at 112,000 miles. Another concern is the dadgum price of the OEM pads...nearly $100.00 for just the rear pads.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Got the brake fix @ 9,000 miles and Im now at 39,500 and the pads are about halfway. I live in So California so this is with traffic driving :-(.... I wish I could say our highway driving was like some other state's highway driving...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts