Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that many states are raking in the big $ for license fees now.

Arizona is similar to Mississippi - My wife paid around $700 when we bought her Durango in '98...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It appears that Arizona will charge around $500 for a $30K vehicle...

·
Registered
109 Posts
I paid a total of $921 in New Mexico. $55 for the registration, plate and $866 sales tax (3% on purchase price less trade-in) + a small processing fee. No trade-in so I paid the max. tax.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Cost

The license plate in Ontario Canada is $10 plus a $37 per year renewal fee. Start adding all the taxes for your vehicle and watch out!!

Titan SE CC 4x4 w/off road = approx. $45K.

Add: Freight & PDI: $1025
Air Tax 100
Tire Tax 125
GST 3150
PST 3600
Total Tax $8000

Try that on for size!!! $6975 bucks the government wants for my Titan!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yeah keane, but you guys get free medical right? :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Nice Catch!

They also do not pay $700 a perscription for medicine!

We pay $10 - 25 for customized plates. That is why you see so many here. You also do not return your old ones. I now have roofs for 6 bird houses. Old plates, new plates, custom plates.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Doghouse said:
Nice Catch!

They also do not pay $700 a perscription for medicine!

We pay $10 - 25 for customized plates. That is why you see so many here. You also do not return your old ones. I now have roofs for 6 bird houses. Old plates, new plates, custom plates.
Only some people in Ontario get free prescriptions - mostly seniors and wlefare people. The rest of us have to get it as part of our employment deal and/or pay for it. The people who work for may pay about $70/ month for Ext. health care which includes prescriptions. Yes, so far it is a better situation than the american health system - but that can change in the coming years as our system gets to costly to afford when the population ages and too few people are working to support it.

But for now, I like it - but the taxes hurt!!!

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Illinois charges a $40 "issuance fee" plus a $78 "registration fee" plus $14 for a "reclassification fee" for $132

·
Registered
211 Posts
Here's the breakdown for my Colorado LE.

$ 9.50 Title Fee
$ 43.00 Prior Owner fee (Don't ask, I have no idea)
$403.52 Owner Tax
$323.00 County Tax
$ 52.74 License fee
-----------------
$831.76 :crying:

Nothing is cheap in Colorado.
Our Chamber of Commerce likes to say, "It's a privilage to live in Colorado."
I like to say, "Our taxes might be high, but our roads suck."

·
Registered
28 Posts
In Idaho the plates stay with the person not the car, so you just register the new truck with your existing plates...cost 5$

JJ

·
Registered
295 Posts
When I lived in TN it was $20.00 a year no matter what you drove. They may have changed since then.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think I like Idaho!! :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I was in the Navy - we had the exemption also - where we could get them for a flat $25 fee.

I wish I could legally register in Idaho - it'd be worth the trip!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Just got back from DMV yesterday to make mine street legal in NJ after buying in PA a couple of weeks ago.

6% sales tax

Plates are normally free but I have special plates supporting the Battleship NJ (BB62 is now a museum here) they were $50 then $15 annual.

Just because the plates are free doesn't mean the registration and renewal is
looks like $84.50 per year up to 5,000lbs and $96 up to 6,000lbs and $107.50 for 7,000lbs.

Since the dealer collected the sales tax it only cost me a $40 fee to transfer the reg, and plates from my '01 Fronty, but starting next year it's about $100 to keep her legal. :crying:

·
Registered
152 Posts
BullDawg said:
When I lived in TN it was $20.00 a year no matter what you drove. They may have changed since then.
Currently in TN, it is a $58 base fee if you live in just a county, if you live in a city add an additional $20 Municipality Fee (cities feel the need to get their cut), then everyone adds a $50 wheel tax to go towards road maintenance. If you want personalized tags, there's additional fee. It's not too bad for a place that has no state income tax.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts